Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

I love it..
By kris

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the pathfinder around 9 months, and enjoy it more every day. I am glad I decided on the LE, after reading comments about other models interior. I still get wow!! many places I go, this is a good looking, fun driving vehicle. I test drove the highlander, landcruiser and pilot and this was the best.

Favorite Features

body styling, stereo system

05 SE 4WD
By MommyPam

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my pathfinder since March 05. I have been rear ended and had less than 1k in damage. Stood up wonderfully. The poor soul that hit me didn't fare as well in their car. I think this SUV is great, and I get a lot of compliments on it. Looks, ride, size. People are amazed at how inexpensive it is. Most say ot looks more expensive.

Favorite Features

Design,and performance

Suggested Improvements

tire pressure sensor is way too sensitive, and you can't shut the dumb thing off. Tires are properly inflated, must go in for service check. I also have 2 little squeaks that need to be fixed, as always sound isnt consistent.

Living it up
By themightyquinn

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had no problems, great look and ride. Quality is good, had some trouble with buying. First was sold a 2 wheel drive offroad and when we asked if it was 4X4 they told us it was. Well we found out the hard way it was 2WD. We ended up getting pulled out by a Chevy Suburban :( Very embarassed the dealership found us another one with exactly what we wanted and we couldnt be happier. And we got it for cheaper than the 2WD Off Road Trap. Word of Advice stay AWAY from the 2WD. And why would they make a 2WD offroad version? Kinda defeats the purpose.

Favorite Features

Beefy Styling. Rugged interior, have active dog and climbs all over with no scratches or dings. Nice rugged ride with car like feel. Great handling. BOSE system is awsome, great suround sound with great bass. Comfy for long rides... I could go on and on.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Milage is a must. First tank went quick but takes approx $60 to top off. Rims could look more agressive, but thats just a minor issue.

Would you believe...?
By Agent 86

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent upgrade from 98 4runner. I love the power and features. Fuel economy is about what you'd expect from an SUV, and the safety features are good (side curtain airbags). I just wish the interior did not have so much plastic. I got the grey interior so I think the plastic is a little more obvious than the beige or brown shade. MY 4 runner has more leather on the inside, and so should this. One other little annoyance...there should be a mute button on the steering wheel. Does anyone know how the speed sensitive volume is suppose to work? the manual says very little about it so I am not sure if mine is not working or not.

Favorite Features

DVD, Navigation, interior control locations, POWER, 3rd row seat, reclining back seat (a little), easy flat folding seats, integrated head rests, with active ones in the front. Timing chain, not belt ( no need to change until 105,000 miles).

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic, more would and leather. Better user manual.

Too many problems!
By JMM

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing a number of SUVs I selected the 2005 Pathfinder because of its power, comfort and features. I still enjoy driving it and I am satisfied with everything but the build quality. In the eight months I've owned it, my Pathfinder has been to the dealer four times for a number of problems. Most have been relatively minor, such as various noises and a bad power window switch. But, the last problem was serious and unacceptable. The rear stabilizer bar completely disconnected from the right rear suspension! I've owned American cars for over 30 years and have never experienced such a major problem with a new car. This was my first Japanese car and it may be my last!

Favorite Features

I still think the Pathfinder has the best combination of power, comfort and features of all the mid-sized SUVs on the market.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality, quality!! I'm hoping the problems I've experienced are only first-year glitches. I normally won't buy a vehicle the first year after it is redesigned and maybe I should have waited one more year???