2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
THE PATH IS BACK!
By GASTURBO1 on 12/19/04 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply the most impressive Pathfinder yet. I never caught on to the previous model due to its somewat conservative and station-waggonish looks, (no offense to those who own one) especially when I had the privilege to own a '92 model (remember those?). I don't believe there should be a thin line between cars and SUV's, and the new Pathfinder takes care of that real well. The features I was most impressed with, besides the new design, were the third row of seats and the 4.0 V6 engine. I like most everything about the Pathfinder, although it feels a bit tighter than my Trooper. I guess Nissan sacrifced a few inches of space between the front and the middle row of seats to accommodate a third one

05 SE pathfinder
By davmc on 12/19/04 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd pathfinder lease. I was able to get my notes lower than my 1999.5 model and it has way more features. I really like the new layout and the center with brushed metal accents. The cup holders are just right for my large cup of Joe in the morning. The engine sounds like a v-8 at low speeds but disappears at highway speeds. The cabin is pretty quite and it has a great sound system. The rear doors seem to open wider than my 02. This helps getting my son out of his child seat. The back floor my be easy to wipe clean but your stuff slides all over the place. My kids love the 3rd row seats and dvd player.

Great Midsize SUV
By damavr on 12/14/04 16:29 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Pathfinder LE 4x4 with Navi on Saturday. What a great SUV, room for seven, lots of power, descent mileage, great looks. I have noticed that heads turn when your drive this SUV. The top of the line LE that we have purchased is loaded with everything you will ever need, leather heated seats, memory sits, 4 12v outlets, 3 zone AC/Heat, BOSE 9 speaker 6 cd chager, storage room, 17 inch wheels. Until now everything is working great and looks great.

Good SUV to move up to from Xterra
By flith on 12/13/04 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV to replace Xterra if it's to small. We traded in our Xterra for a bigger family car. The Pathfinder goes everywhere the Xterra did, soft sandy beaches, muddy trails, rocky / snow covered mountain roads.

Better than my BMW
By littledude30542 on 12/12/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 bmw 525 for this new pathfinder. I originally was looking at the murano but a brown one in the showroom caught my eye. there was 4 sets of people looking at it. I bought it an hour later. first of all it has a wonderful 270 hp engine which is very smooth . The nav and dvd entertaiment are very nice for long haul trips. cargo room is very spacious and third row fold flat into the floor.It has nice leather surfaces and my bmw didnt even have leather and i paid more. Ive only owned this car for an hour too! I used to have a 1994 maxima and i put 200,000 miles on it wothout a problem so I trust this car. I have also driven a 4runner and this is ten times better.

2005 Pathfiner LE
By atse16 on 12/12/04 09:48 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the new pathfiner for over a month now. I had the 2001 for 4 years. I like the extra power and room from the 2005 and all the luxury features the LE offers. I have no complains so far except for the squeaky brakes when I'm in reverse. I will have to take it back to the dealer to inspection.

Just purchased new SE
By Bodine on 12/11/04 10:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had planned on buying the Toyota SR5, actually was dead-set on it. But, I just returned from Japan afer 4 years and decided it would be best to review all the SUVs that were on the market. Toyota SR5 (a great vehicle and still receives high marks from me), Ford Explorer (never captured our attention). But, when we hit the Nissan Dealership my wife fell in love with the Pathfinder. I must admit it's a beautiful truck with a strong reputation. We purchased a SE w/comfort and premium package out the door for $31,000 inc. tax, title, tags, and a $400 fee document processing fee that they wouldn't negotiate.

Pathfinder
By Godwin Duru on 12/10/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is compact and seats 7 comfortably. The drive is smooth and comfortable. Handles well on curves. The instrumentation is very visible and within reach. Excellent driver visibility.

Glad I waited
By TY on 12/08/04 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did not like the last version of the Pathfinder and was not sure what I would buy next. I have driven Nissan's for years and still had an old model (93) Pathfinder in the family. The Armada was more SUV than I wanted, and I looked at the Infiniti FX but did not like the interior. Then Nissan releases the 2005. I bought an LE and was happy to see it came fully loaded. The only real add on's for the LE are Navigation and DVD. I have only had this car a week, but I have not found anything I dislike so far...I am glad I waited

i love this truck
By monty burnt on 12/07/04 12:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was ready to buy the SE with Premium package...but my wife told me to just get the LE and be done with it. Was she ever right! I have just over 1500kms on it and I have driven it in the snow and on dry roads. I am very impressed. -30C with icy and snowy roads and the truck doesn't even blink. The MP3 player plays CDRWs as well which is really cool if you are into that sort of thing...which I am. The auto 4x4 switcher works great in the snow...and the heated leather seats...well enough said. I am a big guy (6'4 230) and I have no problem getting in and out of this truck. I wish the fuel economy was better but it IS an SUV so I will just have to grin and bear it I guess. It looks great!