Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great!
By Lee

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love our new Pathfinder. We traded in an 02 Montero Sport that had 74K miles and needed a new transmission. The difference in the two is like night and day. It drives great and is very comfortable.

The 3rd row seat is extremely tight for adults. We are able to fit two small adults back there, but it was definately designed for kids.

Great Buy
By vicreal

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this SUV it has just about everything a person could ask for. It has great power and the 4x4 is excellent. The leather and the navigation system are nice also.I have started to have a problem with the rear driver side passenger window button is shorting out will not come up sometimes. Road noise is a little to loud with windows up on the freeway.

The power is probably the best feature.

Improve cabin insulation to help with road noise.

pathfinder leads the way
By RJB

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The outside noise stays outside. I can hear my daughter from the third row seat. The power is there when i need it. The horn is not loud enough. I liked the horn on my ford explorer better. Everything else is up to par.

I like the dte and mpg figures. The heated seat really loosens the knots from my back after a day at work. The adjustable brake and gas pedal are also useful when i am trying to get comfortable.

The radio needs a mute button. I would prefer dual exhaust. I like to be heard with a strong horn, the horn sound muffled.

So Far, So Good
By mcanny

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had our Pathfinder a few weeks, but we like it. We did not experience the quality control problems you describe. It is a very comfortable highway vehicle, and actually gets close to its EPA figure of 23 mpg on the road. It also did well in a driving rainstorm on this trip. Plenty of power, and very smooth acceleration. Bose Sound system is great ! Seats would be great if front headrests didn't push your head so far forward of your body.

Bose sound system, power front seats, smooth transmission, dual front climate control

Add side marker turn signals, and/or make existing side lights blink when turn signals are used. Headrests on front seats push your head too far. forward.

Excellent SUV
By Jason

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV. I have had many different SUV's and this by far outperforms any of them. When I first went to Nissan, I was interested in a Murano. However, the Murano did not have a lot of power compared to the Pathfinder. The Pathfinder sounds mean. That is great. It also has an agressive looking exterior. The interior is very well designed and user friendly. The Bose stereo system is excellent. The Pathfinder drives great and is very comfortable. This was an excellent purchase and I would recommend it to everyone.

Engine power, ride, Bose stereo, and room

None