Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Love IT!!!! Favorite Vehicle!!!!!!
By Mollie Jolly

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Jeep Liberty on our Pathfinder and we could not be happier. We love its roominess (we have 2 small children) and its look. I love it....I would buy it over again in a heart beat.

I love the mpg and dte on the dash....that is very helpful. And, I love the flip down seats!

The back seats would be a little more comfortable and that they were alittle more accessible.

Steering Problems
By DeeDee

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Pathfinder in July 2005 and I was loving it. I had a Mitsubishi suv before and hated it because of the rough ride. The ride in the Pathfinder was much smoother, but, for some reason now when I ride over bumps the rear of the truck dances or should I say it shifts for some reason. But, the sound system is great and so is the dvd player. I just wish I wasn't having the rear wheel problems. It started after I put air in my tires.

My favorite feature is the sound system.

For such a sporty truck it would be nice if the outside mirrors had the turn signals on it also.

Good SUV for the money
By PLC

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in May of '05. Horrible experience with Tom Peacock Nissan in Houston. Vehicle is great, however, no mechanical problems whatsoever, great power, fun to drive, handling is superior. Few minor issues that others have mentioned - interior plastic scuffs/scratches very easily, and there are a few rattles/squeaks that have shown up in the first 7k miles. Hopefully these will diminish as the car gets older. I bought the Nissan hoping for a long lasting quality vehicle that can hold its own off the beaten path. Added the running boards myself for only $200 or so. Can't really complain about the gas mileage, as it has 270 horses, and I'm coming from a Ford F-150.

Dual glove box, Instrument panel, styling, interior room, handling, drivability, bang for $$$. Every bit as good as Toyota 4Runner, but less $$$. Very reliable so far, time will tell!

Initial quality could be better. A car of this reputation should not have the squeaks and rattles in the interior. They come and go, but very evident on rough road. Lighted steering wheel controls , better stock radio would be nice, but it is pretty good sound.

Haven't Woken Up Yet!
By JNae

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in Aug. and I still love it! I got mine in Silverton Blue and get compliments on the color. It looks grey when it is dark outside and you have to get close to see dirt. It is very spacious inside w/ 2 kids and another on the way. There is room for 2 booster seats and a car seat in the middle. Gas is averaging 15-16 city, and 17-18 highway, but I knew this when I bought it. I bought this truck for my husband while he was in Iraq for a year. He is home now and loves it! We will be moving to Germany next year and will have to see how it does on the autobahn. Good pricing, too!

Pretty spacious, comfy and quiet ride, nice to have a 3rd row just in case, I could go on and on here!

Brakes squeek in reverse, inside plastic scratches easily, wish the rims were bigger, but we will get new ones anyway.

Great!
By Lee

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love our new Pathfinder. We traded in an 02 Montero Sport that had 74K miles and needed a new transmission. The difference in the two is like night and day. It drives great and is very comfortable.

The 3rd row seat is extremely tight for adults. We are able to fit two small adults back there, but it was definately designed for kids.

• SUV