2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Super SUV of all times Pathfinder
By Brujo on 12/31/04 15:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This new pathfinder is what i was looking for in an suv, power, good handling, and better design, its super!

Moved from Explorers
By W Frank Smith on 12/31/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Ford Explorer and Expeditions, and have a small fleet of F15/350 trucks, but I bought the Nissan Pathfinder expecting it to have fewer problems than the 2002 Explorer I traded, and have better resale/trade value (Explorers depreciate way too fast) Nissan reputation in these areas strongly influenced my decision.

Creating a path for others to follow
By Lanlut on 12/30/04 14:59 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this vehicle for about a week or so and I absolutely love it. I traded my beloved 02 Altima for the Pathfinder and I can honestly say I don't have any regrets. I bought the LE 2WD drive model. My vehicle has all of the amenities to include: leather/dual power seats, sunroof, navigation system and on and on and on. Unquestionably, for the money there's not a vehicle that comes close to this one. I test drove the Acura MDX, Toyota 4 Runner, and Lexus GX 470 and chose the Nissan Pathfinder. This vehicle is a fine representation of Nissan’s commitment to excellence. Lastly, MSRP for this particular vehicle was $35,650 and I paid around $33,000. So, don’t be afraid to haggle.

Love It!
By REALTOR on 12/29/04 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time SUV owner... love the space. Like sitting high above the crowd. Extremely comfortable. Great ventilation. Lots of pep. Easy to handle. "They" say: Once you've stepped "UP", you'll never come down!

Great All Around Truck
By CB from AZ on 12/29/04 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pathfinder for 2 months, and put 2k miles on it. So far it has been great. Amazing power for a vehicle of this size. Comfort levels that rival the crossover SUVs. It is the perfect size for my family (3+2 large dogs). Very versatile interior- had seven people in it for a short trip w/no complaints. Mine has a slight vibration related rattle from the drivers window (noticeable only on relatively smooth roads). Other than that, build quality is very good. I am getting 16 mpg in the city, and 20 mpg on the highway.

Can go anywhere
By erox on 12/27/04 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Within one week of owning the pathfinder we had a snow storm and it did exceptionally well in 10 inches of snow. Also, did great going up mud hills. It basically exceeded my every expectation of a nissan product. For fans of nissan, how could you not get one of these.

Pathfinder 05
By Rich on 12/26/04 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the truck is great. The interior presents itself like a top tier model but the rear seat is a bit tight, especially for child seats. Performance is fantastic and the braking is comparable to a high end sports car. Gas milage around town is poor, as low as 12.5 mpg. On the highway, I can get as high as 21mpg. Overall the truck is comfortable to drive.

Pathfinder 05
By Rich on 12/26/04 20:34 PM (PST)

Best In Class
By RONH on 12/22/04 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't find a better deal on a mid- size Suv. Wanted the base model with few options as it had everything I wanted. Negotiated my price on the internet,even my trade in, and the dealer stuck with it,great buying experience.Very happy with my choice after driving it for 3 weeks now.Smooth powerful engine,ride is not comprised for nimble handling,construction seems tight and has good quality materials. Gas mileage is a little better than expected at about 20mpg in around town driving. The exterior styling which I thought was too radical is even begining to grow on me!

THE PATH IS BACK!
By GASTURBO1 on 12/19/04 20:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply the most impressive Pathfinder yet. I never caught on to the previous model due to its somewat conservative and station-waggonish looks, (no offense to those who own one) especially when I had the privilege to own a '92 model (remember those?). I don't believe there should be a thin line between cars and SUV's, and the new Pathfinder takes care of that real well. The features I was most impressed with, besides the new design, were the third row of seats and the 4.0 V6 engine. I like most everything about the Pathfinder, although it feels a bit tighter than my Trooper. I guess Nissan sacrifced a few inches of space between the front and the middle row of seats to accommodate a third one