2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Impressive first month!
By jw7683 on 01/01/05 13:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a '97 Pathfinder (dubbed "old reliable") and I have been pleasantly surprised at the Pathfinder's style and performance. The engine is powerful (I'm saying this even though I've still never taken it above 3500 rpm) and shifting is silky smooth. The interior styling is impressive and comfortable (SE Trim with comfort package). Entry into the vehicle is easier than typical SUV's - I've got three kids who use the running boards to help (be aware - if you're not cognizant, you can easily soil your pant leg - as they collect dirt). Only negative is gas mileage - though the 21 gal. tank keeps refueling relatively infrequent. Storage cap. is flexible and I love the third row seats.

Super SUV of all times Pathfinder
By Brujo on 12/31/04 15:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This new pathfinder is what i was looking for in an suv, power, good handling, and better design, its super!

Moved from Explorers
By W Frank Smith on 12/31/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several Ford Explorer and Expeditions, and have a small fleet of F15/350 trucks, but I bought the Nissan Pathfinder expecting it to have fewer problems than the 2002 Explorer I traded, and have better resale/trade value (Explorers depreciate way too fast) Nissan reputation in these areas strongly influenced my decision.

Creating a path for others to follow
By Lanlut on 12/30/04 14:59 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this vehicle for about a week or so and I absolutely love it. I traded my beloved 02 Altima for the Pathfinder and I can honestly say I don't have any regrets. I bought the LE 2WD drive model. My vehicle has all of the amenities to include: leather/dual power seats, sunroof, navigation system and on and on and on. Unquestionably, for the money there's not a vehicle that comes close to this one. I test drove the Acura MDX, Toyota 4 Runner, and Lexus GX 470 and chose the Nissan Pathfinder. This vehicle is a fine representation of Nissanís commitment to excellence. Lastly, MSRP for this particular vehicle was $35,650 and I paid around $33,000. So, donít be afraid to haggle.

Love It!
By REALTOR on 12/29/04 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time SUV owner... love the space. Like sitting high above the crowd. Extremely comfortable. Great ventilation. Lots of pep. Easy to handle. "They" say: Once you've stepped "UP", you'll never come down!

Great All Around Truck
By CB from AZ on 12/29/04 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pathfinder for 2 months, and put 2k miles on it. So far it has been great. Amazing power for a vehicle of this size. Comfort levels that rival the crossover SUVs. It is the perfect size for my family (3+2 large dogs). Very versatile interior- had seven people in it for a short trip w/no complaints. Mine has a slight vibration related rattle from the drivers window (noticeable only on relatively smooth roads). Other than that, build quality is very good. I am getting 16 mpg in the city, and 20 mpg on the highway.

Can go anywhere
By erox on 12/27/04 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Within one week of owning the pathfinder we had a snow storm and it did exceptionally well in 10 inches of snow. Also, did great going up mud hills. It basically exceeded my every expectation of a nissan product. For fans of nissan, how could you not get one of these.

Pathfinder 05
By Rich on 12/26/04 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the truck is great. The interior presents itself like a top tier model but the rear seat is a bit tight, especially for child seats. Performance is fantastic and the braking is comparable to a high end sports car. Gas milage around town is poor, as low as 12.5 mpg. On the highway, I can get as high as 21mpg. Overall the truck is comfortable to drive.

Pathfinder 05
By Rich on 12/26/04 20:34 PM (PST)

Best In Class
By RONH on 12/22/04 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Couldn't find a better deal on a mid- size Suv. Wanted the base model with few options as it had everything I wanted. Negotiated my price on the internet,even my trade in, and the dealer stuck with it,great buying experience.Very happy with my choice after driving it for 3 weeks now.Smooth powerful engine,ride is not comprised for nimble handling,construction seems tight and has good quality materials. Gas mileage is a little better than expected at about 20mpg in around town driving. The exterior styling which I thought was too radical is even begining to grow on me!