Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Haven't Woken Up Yet!
By JNae

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck in Aug. and I still love it! I got mine in Silverton Blue and get compliments on the color. It looks grey when it is dark outside and you have to get close to see dirt. It is very spacious inside w/ 2 kids and another on the way. There is room for 2 booster seats and a car seat in the middle. Gas is averaging 15-16 city, and 17-18 highway, but I knew this when I bought it. I bought this truck for my husband while he was in Iraq for a year. He is home now and loves it! We will be moving to Germany next year and will have to see how it does on the autobahn. Good pricing, too!

Favorite Features

Pretty spacious, comfy and quiet ride, nice to have a 3rd row just in case, I could go on and on here!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeek in reverse, inside plastic scratches easily, wish the rims were bigger, but we will get new ones anyway.

Great!
By Lee

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love our new Pathfinder. We traded in an 02 Montero Sport that had 74K miles and needed a new transmission. The difference in the two is like night and day. It drives great and is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The 3rd row seat is extremely tight for adults. We are able to fit two small adults back there, but it was definately designed for kids.

Great Buy
By vicreal

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this SUV it has just about everything a person could ask for. It has great power and the 4x4 is excellent. The leather and the navigation system are nice also.I have started to have a problem with the rear driver side passenger window button is shorting out will not come up sometimes. Road noise is a little to loud with windows up on the freeway.

Favorite Features

The power is probably the best feature.

Suggested Improvements

Improve cabin insulation to help with road noise.

pathfinder leads the way
By RJB

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The outside noise stays outside. I can hear my daughter from the third row seat. The power is there when i need it. The horn is not loud enough. I liked the horn on my ford explorer better. Everything else is up to par.

Favorite Features

I like the dte and mpg figures. The heated seat really loosens the knots from my back after a day at work. The adjustable brake and gas pedal are also useful when i am trying to get comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The radio needs a mute button. I would prefer dual exhaust. I like to be heard with a strong horn, the horn sound muffled.

So Far, So Good
By mcanny

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had our Pathfinder a few weeks, but we like it. We did not experience the quality control problems you describe. It is a very comfortable highway vehicle, and actually gets close to its EPA figure of 23 mpg on the road. It also did well in a driving rainstorm on this trip. Plenty of power, and very smooth acceleration. Bose Sound system is great ! Seats would be great if front headrests didn't push your head so far forward of your body.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, power front seats, smooth transmission, dual front climate control

Suggested Improvements

Add side marker turn signals, and/or make existing side lights blink when turn signals are used. Headrests on front seats push your head too far. forward.