Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Nissan Finally Transmission/Radiator Issue!!
By koz5150

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

To all those who have had the infamous transmission/radiator issues, I just received a letter in the mail from Nissan saying that while they are not creating a reacall for it, they are extending the warranty on the vehicle to cover this issue. They are extending the warranty to 96 months or 80K miles. While this is not the perfect solution, it should help a large number of owners. To those who already had to pay for a repair for this, it sounds like you will be able to get reimbursed for it. Hopefully you all will be receiving your letters shortly. While my 2005 Pathfinder has not yet had this issue, I just wanted to pass on the somewhat good news.

Strong V6, and so far it has been a reliable vehicle. Granted my '05 only has 45K miles, but so far so good.

Relatively boring interior design.

dollar-ed out
By carikeli81

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do love this truck but would love it more if I hadn't had so many issues...At 26,000 miles we had to fix the tension belt and just again at 59,000 miles! The fuel sensor failed and had to be replaced at 50,000. My tire pressure light will not go off even though it has been to the dealer no 4 times and now my air bag light is flashing and they said my extended warranty will not cover anything on it if they find something wrong with the airbag!? which I don't understand and is ridiculous to me. My husband informed me he will sell it if it continues to have issues! I always thought Nissan's were well made vehicles guess I was wrong?

Body Style, fold down third row seats, interior

the exterior seems plastic! and computer board stinks!

Great Truck
By Ace Dude

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Pathfinder for business and drive about 20K miles per year, mostly on highway. The Pathfinder is comfortable, reliable, and a great all around truck. I occasionally pull a cargo trailer and have no problems. This truck has a great engine! It has more power than my V8 Ford Expedition had. Highly recommended. As for the fuel mileage, it's a truck! I have almost 50K miles on it now with NO PROBLEMS!

Engine power and reliability.

Better fuel economy.

Love IT!!!! Favorite Vehicle!!!!!!
By Mollie Jolly

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Jeep Liberty on our Pathfinder and we could not be happier. We love its roominess (we have 2 small children) and its look. I love it....I would buy it over again in a heart beat.

I love the mpg and dte on the dash....that is very helpful. And, I love the flip down seats!

The back seats would be a little more comfortable and that they were alittle more accessible.

My Pathfinder 05
By marty quihuis

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Pathfinder has been very reliable and so so on the gas. The power is always there when needed. The off- roading has been pretty comfortable. The design could look a little sleeker but looks very beefy. The comfort of the ride has been great on long trips.

I like that it has lots of room and power when needed. Ample room in both front and back seat. Do agree that the 3rd row seats are a little tight.

The styling could be a little more eye catching.(Looks like a baby Armada). Stereo system could use an upgrade as well as the gas mileage.