2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
By far WORST Car I've ever owned in my life!
By nissansux3 on 02/15/12 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just read all the post on Coolant leaking into Transmission. Happened to me at 75K miles. We bought the car brand new and spent THOUSANDS on repairs and it was never without problems. Amazing how a company could keep selling a vehicle with SOOOOO many problems and then not do right by their customers.

Buyers Beware
By Pathfinder Owner on 04/08/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have read several comments from people who own a Pathfinder about the problems with the radiator leaking into the transmission. Well, now I am personally having this problem as well. The fluid has leaked into my transmission which now has to be completely overhauled and its only 3 years old and of course out of warranty. So buyers beware. We called Nissan but were basically told too bad. Until now the vehicle ran great so if you do purchase a Pathfinder then make sure you buy the extended warranty!!

Nice Exterior/Poor Quality
By Jason on 04/26/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned four Nissans in the last five years including a 99.5 Pathfinder SE 4WD, and went out immediately and bought the 2005 new body style when it came out. This SUV has a rugged, great looking exterior. However, the vehicle is plagued with quality issues. The fuel gauge is not working (bad fuel level sending unit). The CD player is not working. The rear driver passenger window is not working. Also, there are gaps in the upholstery where seems are not sewn together properly and foam is pushing through. All of these malfunctions hit right after the 36,000 warranty expired (if you get one, get the extended warranty). Also, don't expect any assistance from Nissan

Ok Pathfinder
By demuslee on 01/25/07 20:20 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my pathfinder for 18 months now and have found the engine to be noisier than my dad's Kia Sorento. There are a lot more rattles and squeaks coming from all over which is strange considering it doesn't go off road. Towing is good for my 17 ft boat and it is a fairly comfortable ride except for the noisy engine, rattles and squeaks. 3rd row seating is also hard to access. I've been to 2 dealerships in Miami looking for good service, but haven't found any yet - extremely disorganized and low service emphasis. The labor and oil changes are also expensive at $40 for an oil change. My wife's Toyota gets better service from Toyota dealership. Would buy a Toyota just because of the service.

I'm in Love!!!!
By SheShopper on 02/09/06 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just brought this baby home Monday and wish I had more places to drive it's such a joy. It's classy with the silver exterior and tan interior. I did notice a little wind noise but Bose can overcome that nicely!

Quality needs improv
By New Buyer on 12/01/05 09:49 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought Pathfinder 11/8/05 and love it. but last night (11/30/05) the right back tire was flat in the local street there is a very clean street and I couldn't find any cut from the flat tire. I called the dealer and was informed "no warranty for the tire" I am so mad this is only 3 weeks and 480 mile in this brand new car. How is this quality?

Good SUV for the money
By PLC on 11/01/05 11:20 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased in May of '05. Horrible experience with Tom Peacock Nissan in Houston. Vehicle is great, however, no mechanical problems whatsoever, great power, fun to drive, handling is superior. Few minor issues that others have mentioned - interior plastic scuffs/scratches very easily, and there are a few rattles/squeaks that have shown up in the first 7k miles. Hopefully these will diminish as the car gets older. I bought the Nissan hoping for a long lasting quality vehicle that can hold its own off the beaten path. Added the running boards myself for only $200 or so. Can't really complain about the gas mileage, as it has 270 horses, and I'm coming from a Ford F-150.

Happy 2005 Pathfinder Owner
By 2005 Pathfinder on 10/08/05 21:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the ride! Smooth, very similiar to a standard ride vs. a truck ride. Although, the traction can be a bit rough over uneven roadways. The 3rd row/7 pass. feature is awesome, the 3rd row is a bit tight for adults. Plenty of room in the second row. Overall, interior is pretty roomy. The 2nd bench/middle seat is nice and roomy with two car seats on either sides.

Awesome Ride
By jerrytoledo on 09/20/05 00:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome ride excellent steering, in and out of parking lots, quick on the freeway through traffic and on the streets great breaking smooth, control have easy access. We have a child and she loves the 3rd row seat kind of private, easy access to rear storage area for groceries from the exterior or interiors. Many electric plugs for games, DVD players etc great for kids.

05 Nissan Pathfinder
By Texas nissan owner on 08/22/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 05 pathfinder new this spring. I have had it into the shop for a squeek that is been in the left dash from day one. This is reported fixed each time but as of today still squeeking away. The fit and finish on this SUV is more like a chevrolet low end car. There are rattle from time to time and the SUV just seems to be put together kinda shotty. I also have never gotten over 21.5 miles to the gallon on the hwy and I baby it.