Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good Car
By kano1017

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my Path used 3 years ago it's a 2005, I'm very happy with it then I started reading the reviews and got concern I know that this is a Nissan design issues but I was not going to wait till I have to pay a lot of $$ to get the radiator and tranny fix so my friend and me started looking for some options and we found the solution so we cancel the lines that go thru the radiator to cool the tranny oil and put an independent oil cooler so now I will never need to be concern on this issue, cost to do this 70 buck's for the oil cooler + what you mechanic charges you. Good luck

Good motor with good hp, the Bosse audio system

this is a lemon...trying to make lemonade
By autophitie

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Please research this vehicle...read reviews..and purchase something else for the safety of yourself, your family and other drivers on the road. I had a 2005 Pathfinder, bought it used was happy driving it despite the finicky trans which always seemed okay as long as I continued my dutiful trips to the dealer for service...I had just purchased new tires and brakes for the vehicle which I paid cash for at the time and wham at just over 102K mi the transmission went. It was acting up for a few days with my kids in the car I only ventured to work and daycare ASAP got to to the shop..thankfully no one was injured when I was driving this vehicle...

cup holders, navigation

better customer service, informed technicians which might alert you to potential safety concerns regarding this vehicle. Nissan cannot go back in time and undo the transmission/radiator leakage problem but they could do right by their customers moving forward.

Coolant leaking into transmission fluid
By clausl

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a known issue with Nissan 2005 and 2006 vehicles. (Currently the subject of a class action lawsuit.) Coolant leaking into Transmission destroys transmission, computer controlling transmission and radiator. Average cost for fix is ~$7,500 warranty extension offered by Nissan doesn't cover many drivers as the issue seems to often extend beyond the extended warranty of 8yrs / 130,000km. Some vehicles are not covered despite being within these two parameters. Nissan refuses to say why some vehicles of that year/type are excluded.

bad car! bad car!
By venting67

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is RIDICULOUS!!! I bought this car used with only 36,000 miles, if that. This car has broken down soooo many times that I am both surprised and disappointed that the government has not stepped in and reprimanded Nissan. Other than normal maintenance, I have spent greater than $3000 in major repairs. I am soo over this car and will be trading it as soon as possible.

Wish I hadn't and won't again.
By Auburn

2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is not a well-built vehicle. Cheap plastic inside breaks, CD player kaput at 40k, washer fluid reservoir cracked and leaks out, fuel-sending unit/gauge out at 45k (Nissan hasn't included 05 in the recall of 06 and 08s -thanks for nothing- even though they know it's a defect), and now a problem with my transmission at 71k. Can't seem to get a specific diagnosis yet but I can guess what it is ---radiator leaking into the trans? Nissan hasn't paid for the fuel s.u. or recalled the defective part(s) leading to the trans failure. This was my 3rd Nissan. Time to trade and never buy Nissan again.

7-seater feature, body design, overall handling (until transmission failure, of course)

Build with better parts.