2005 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nissan Finally Transmission/Radiator Issue!!
By koz5150 on 01/15/11 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

To all those who have had the infamous transmission/radiator issues, I just received a letter in the mail from Nissan saying that while they are not creating a reacall for it, they are extending the warranty on the vehicle to cover this issue. They are extending the warranty to 96 months or 80K miles. While this is not the perfect solution, it should help a large number of owners. To those who already had to pay for a repair for this, it sounds like you will be able to get reimbursed for it. Hopefully you all will be receiving your letters shortly. While my 2005 Pathfinder has not yet had this issue, I just wanted to pass on the somewhat good news.

dollar-ed out
By carikeli81 on 04/02/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do love this truck but would love it more if I hadn't had so many issues...At 26,000 miles we had to fix the tension belt and just again at 59,000 miles! The fuel sensor failed and had to be replaced at 50,000. My tire pressure light will not go off even though it has been to the dealer no 4 times and now my air bag light is flashing and they said my extended warranty will not cover anything on it if they find something wrong with the airbag!? which I don't understand and is ridiculous to me. My husband informed me he will sell it if it continues to have issues! I always thought Nissan's were well made vehicles guess I was wrong?

Great Truck
By Ace Dude on 07/14/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Pathfinder for business and drive about 20K miles per year, mostly on highway. The Pathfinder is comfortable, reliable, and a great all around truck. I occasionally pull a cargo trailer and have no problems. This truck has a great engine! It has more power than my V8 Ford Expedition had. Highly recommended. As for the fuel mileage, it's a truck! I have almost 50K miles on it now with NO PROBLEMS!

Love IT!!!! Favorite Vehicle!!!!!!
By Mollie Jolly on 11/05/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Jeep Liberty on our Pathfinder and we could not be happier. We love its roominess (we have 2 small children) and its look. I love it....I would buy it over again in a heart beat.

My Pathfinder 05
By marty quihuis on 06/29/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Pathfinder has been very reliable and so so on the gas. The power is always there when needed. The off- roading has been pretty comfortable. The design could look a little sleeker but looks very beefy. The comfort of the ride has been great on long trips.

Nissan Pathfinder - Red, Grey leather!!!
By Nick on 06/27/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. It's definitly bigger than previous pathfinders and the design of the car is definitly different and better looking. My 2005 Pathfinder is red with the grey leather interior and it looks fabulous! It also drives great and handles very well.

Fun to drive
By Canady on 06/23/05 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We are having a great time driving our new 2005 Pathfinder. Once you get in it you want to keep on driving. Ours is the SE off road with a great sounding Bose stereo system. This is our second SE Pathfinder, our first, a 1988, carried us for 268,000+ miles with no major problems. We are hoping our new one can fill the shoes of the first one. We hope to get another 268,000+ miles on this one.

Cross Country
By Blake on 05/23/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Pathfinder has been very reliable in my trip across the United States. The interior comfort makes it easy to ride for long distances. Acceleration is very well for a heavy SUV, and the gas millage is not that bad considering it is a SUV. Thought about getting a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee but who wants those when that is all you see. Stand out from the crowd and enjoy a Pathfinder.

Very Impressive 4x
By valkama on 05/06/05 04:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

SE 4x4 offroad with premium package I just came back from an off-road trip with my friends and let me say that this SUV is really impressive in demanding 4wheel drive conditions. I dont see the resemblance but my friends nick named it the little hummer. From riverbeds, to steep inclines i had no problems and was able to keep up and on one instance out climb my competition (1999 Jeep Cheroke & a 2002 toyota tacoma) I would like a little more groud clearance but since its my wifes car i dont think she will let me lift it. My only complaint....I was expecting better sound from the bose stereo system. Seems a little flat. Everything else is perfect.

Honda & Toyota Better Watch Out!!
By RMC on 04/23/05 21:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Off Road Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had the Off Road 2 weeks. Excellent SUV. These guys are killing Honda & Toyota! I specifically wanted something different, the massive wheels and special interior on the OR is just perfect. Design much better than 4 Runner and Explorer. 3rd row seats good for 2 kids with spare room for hockey bag. 270HP Z engine is fast! 3/5 yr warranty! **NOTE** Don't play the dealership game. Find the exact one you want and solicit email bids. I got mine for $26K or so, seriously! Some dealers will not bid but many will. They hate it! Start with drive out price of $29K, Period. Someone will meet it! Only go to dealership to give them your credit union check, please don't finance with them or lease!!