Solid Solid Solid
By 3rdPrizeIsYoureFired on
2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
This is my third Pathfinder and they've all been fantastic. Bought it new, and after 40k miles, not one major problem. Only minor problem was an alignment. That's it. Don't like the climate control much, I prefer three dials, but that's subjective. Plenty of space, not really a luxury SUV, but a solid performer and can handle just about any task... commuting, towing, hauling. Plus it's really a handsome car. Even though the gas mileage is pretty lousy, I plan to keep it anyway because it's just so reliable. Almost a perfect car.
Favorite Features
Perfect size - not too big, not too small. Radio controls on steering wheel, auto up/down windows, window opens in tailgate, allowing long loads.
Suggested Improvements
Climate control is a little too smart. If you want recirculated air, the car automatically turns on the A/C. No way to defeat that. CD changer not too reliable, but in this age of iPods, who cares?
By bitterbob
on 09/28/12 13:28 PM (PDT)

Update to my post of 04/08/08. It's now 4 years and 60k miles later and this car still has not broken down, ever. Approaching 100k miles and has been perfect. No complaints.