2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: So far, so good!

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

So far, so good!
By r6girl on

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Nissan - my last vehicle was an Xterra and we were looking for a bit more room and towing capacity. My husband didn't particularly like the looks of the Pathfinder (though I like it a lot!), but it was a great deal since the new '05 models are arriving and dealers are working to get the 04's off their lots. My Xterra was very reliable and fun to drive, and the Pathfinder is the same, but with more power and comfort features. We tow our motorcycles to local race-tracks and look forward to the added power. If the 4-wheel drive system is as effective as the one on my Xterra, it should be great to drive in the snowy mountains this winter when we go snowboarding.

Powerful engine, steering wheel audio controls, automatic temperature control, smooth highway ride for an SUV.

The new '05 model addresses everything I'd suggest (more room, 5-speed automatic), so this is moot at the moment.