2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Awesome SUV!
By Peter on 01/14/07 15:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Pathfinder does everything right. The acceleration is exceptional with 240 horses and I would choose it over a Honda Pilot any day. The features are plenty and I love the one touch front windows and moonroof. Everything is there when you need it. Go buy one! It is very reliable! I have had no problems even after 28k miles!!!

Overall a Very Classy and Reliable SUV
By 542keith on 05/25/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The body's bold, classy, and muscular lines as well as the very well appointed and up-scale interior are like no other SUV and really attracted us. We went Nissan again for the third time!! The power, comfort, and handling are great. This SUV has great materials as well as fit and finish. After 28000 very hard miles the only problem to date is that the rear drum brakes squeal when cold. An easy fix. The gas mileage is about average but the tank should be a little bigger for more range. The rear seat is a little cramped for 6- footers. Great otherwise. Rear storage is good. If you want a classy but reliable SUV pick this one!!!

My new ..S.U.V.From Maine:United states.
By MR.NORRIS_UK on 10/09/05 02:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My new nissan s.U.V. 4X4 does a pretty good job when i'm going in the deep wood's of maine and it can go through some pretty deep puddles of water about 3 feet deep in some area's maybe 3 -4 feet on a few of the puddles i went through!!!!!I was definitely impressed with how the vehicle performed in four wheel drive,i went over some pretty good sized rock's slowly @ first,and of course being gentle because i wouldn't want to damage the truck for it "looks" sharp when it is in good conditon,but it did o.K. For rock's up to about"4- 6""high i hit a couple bigger than that about 12" high and it made the truck bounce a little more then you probably want it to bounce,but it did o.K.

Not bad - at all
By Jan on 09/17/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Third Nissan in this household (Stanza, Maxima, and now Pathfinder. Got a good deal at end of year (October), so easy choice. It is a high profile vehicle (like any SUV), so does not like sidewind much. Does however like its gas.

A few detailed changes for a perfect 10
By Marty T on 06/18/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love to drive this SUV with car like features. Handling is great, quiet ride and ok fuel comsumption. Definetly needs rear hatch release instead of glass release only or ability to open glass from back of vehicle without using driver side release.

Still love this vehicle
By 2nd Time Around on 12/26/04 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder (1st was an '02 model.) Had to trade in due to vehicle having 97,000 miles after 2 years. But, had no problems at all, just traded in due to mileage! I love how open this vehicle is and how easy it is to see around me. It drives like a car, not like a truck as so many SUV's do. My only complaints are the size of the back seat & doors (very difficult to hoist a 30 lb child into his car seat) and head room (my 6'6" & 6'7" brothers do not like to ride in my vehicle.) Otherwise, awesome SUV. There is a reason I got another one!!!

BUY A PATHFINDER: U WILL THANK ME!!!
By Pathfinder on 12/17/04 16:40 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pathfinder is a very well composed SUV. I would choose this over the Honda Pilot. With 240 horses and an optional sunroof, this car is for more than just cruising! And now, they are changing the style but I strictly recommend those 2004 and later. The 2005s and up are not as refined or luxurious despite an additional 2 seats over the 2004

I like mine
By ben-nissan on 11/15/04 20:30 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put 1500 miles on mine and I have concluded that "I like it". It has power, comfort simple to operate and handles very well. Great for hurricanes and remodeling. It can easily haul 12 sheets of plywood or sheetrock if you fold the rear seat down and lay 2 2x4s on the top of the folded read seat back - I was unable to do that with the Durango or 4-Runner. Only thing I'd change is the location of the oil filter. Its a bear to get to. Great little vehicle.

Nissan Platinum Edition
By brlouisianatreasures on 11/07/04 07:49 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have nothing but wonderful things to report about my Pathfinder. It is my first SUV and I could not be more pleased with its comfort. Am particularly happy with the way it drives---frankly, it is MUCH easier to handle than the Grand Marquis I traded! The performance is magnificent.....very powerful, smooth ride, and no problems todate. The interior is so comfortable and roomy; love the sun roof! Second-row seat folds down. GORGEOUS luminous gold....It is my LSU Fightin' Tigers vehicle!

Speedometer NOT work at 55+mph
By aaa1 on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After one month I bought the car, the speedometer does not work when speed at 55mph and above. The dealer said that the Unified Processor needs to replace. However, the part in back order is still not available since Sept. 20. I called Nissan about this and they said they would do something for me and would call me back, but they never did. Their cars are bad. Their customer services are bad. Another minor problem is that the driver seat makes noise when turning. I will never buy Nissan again! Hope your car is good.