Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Reliable SUV
By Matt

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV new in 2004 and I've never had one problem with it. I've only had to replace the normal things that wear. New belts, brakes, rotors, tires and a transmission fluid flush. Regular oil changes every 3-5k miles and not one problem! Very happy with this vehicle, it was our first Pathfinder and I'd definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Good in the snow, probably has more to do with the tires I put on. Good amount of room for out Golden Retriever and 2 yr old son. I use a Tule rooftop box for weekend getaways when we are packed full.

Suggested Improvements

None

Best SUV
By Tex

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Seriously, I know people buy SUV's for a lot of different reasons, but as far as bang for the buck, I think the Pathfinder is by far the best buy. It's got a pretty powerful v6, great torque. The SE model I have has a nice little roar to the v6. Decent acceleration, great power. The 4x4 has great power. I crossed a snow covered medium going 60 miles/hr on 4x4 high, passing a slow car, like it was nothing, with no loss of control whatsoever. It's great in bad weather. Very reliable car. Maintenance and maintenance costs are minimal. Decent gas mileage for a high performance suv. Fun car. I love the look of it, and am sad about more boxy bulky look on the new models.

Favorite Features

4x4. Off road capabilities. Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

None really.

Fair vehicle, could be better
By Chris Kent

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I always loved the design on the Pathfinder, and this vehicle is no exception. Rides smooth, good ergonomically inside. We have the LE Platinum Addition so it has almost every option you could ever want.

Favorite Features

4wd, part time, full time, and low gearing at the turn of a knob is nice. Sterio is well laid out too

Suggested Improvements

Leaky brake lines at 80K - unacceptable. No cargo or weight capacity, one person in the back seat and groceries under the hatch should not give me the feeling of riding at the end of my rear strut travel. Can't imagine towing a boat with this truck, or loading it full of camping supplies.

04 Nissan Pathfinder
By ownedshow

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, it's a well built vehicle. Very good ride quality and fun to drive. It's not a true 4x4 so its still a little squirrely on ice or slush.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system w/ 6 CD changer, 3.5L V6 with 250 hp, 2WD mode for the summer time, heated seats, and its power everything!!!

Suggested Improvements

Placement of the rear bench, an AUX jack for your ipod, a bigger fuel tank, the auto climate control knob shouldn't look like the volume control

2004 pathfinder
By AC

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my pathfinder other than the gas mileage and the 6 disc radio gives me trouble in cold weather. Its a very comfortable ride with lots of room. Goes excellent in the snow.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, moon roof, rds radio

Suggested Improvements

6 disc radio doesn't work in the cold.