Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

200k pathy
By Adam

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got about 230k miles on my 04 4x4. Started giving me headaches around 190k, I should have just got rid if it then. Overall it was a decent rig. But I wouldn't recommend it if you anticipate high miles/use. It definitely doesn't have the same reliability or longevity of a toyota.

Very happy with this truck
By 04cobrasc

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 Pathfinder LE with 74k miles, all the bells and EXCELLENT SHAPE, really like new condition in 2012. So, 21 months later not one issue, very reliable truck and awesome in the Chicago winters after mounting a set of New Firestone Dest LE2 on all four corners. Don't understand fuel capacity?? Says it has a 21 gal tank and its never taken more than 16 at the pump?? The only thing I would change on this truck would be the 4 speed transmission! Really needs a min of a 5 speed which would much improve the fuel economy. I now have 107k miles, truck is still in excellent shape and running as strong as day one. Solid Solid no non-sense truck.

Great ride, great comfort, towing 4000lbs with ease

5 speed transmission

worst car/suv I ever had
By chuckcal32

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of problems, SUV has under 100kmiles, service engine light all the time is there, bad catalitic converters and oxigen sensors, overheats uphill when I pull my boat, bad front suspension, bad brakes, piece of crap.

Great vehicle, very reliable
By matthans

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004 and never a problem yet. I maintain normal wear and tear items (Brakes, belts, fluids, battery & oil) and nothing seems to beak. Going to drive this truck to its grave.

Reliability, usability & cost. Things seem to made pretty heavy duty on this truck and last the expected time. No funky mechanical issues. Drives great in the snow too!

Gas milage is ok, I get around 15 mpg which is advertised for this suv. With two kids in car seats, its fine. But when my wife has to hop in the back with the new born, its pretty tight. We are looking at getting rid of her Passat and getting the Armada.

Paint peeling
By cue

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded to Nissan at the encouragement of my husband. Have owned since the end of December 2004. Great acceleration and performance. No longer have to stop several times during trips to stretch as the comfort level is very good. Downside is Contacted Nissan regarding Paint peeling but it is not considered under warranty.

Comfort Handles well in all types of weather. Nice high and low 4 wheel drive. I am the one driving others home from work during heavy snow storms. Nice stereo system

gas mileage is not the best but can live with. I suggest Nissan figures out and or shares with us as to why the paint is peeling off the roof of my car and what the fix is as i have read on the net of others effected having their cars repainted only to have it happen again.Whats the answer NISSAN?