2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
worst car/suv I ever had
By chuckcal32 on 09/16/11 23:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of problems, SUV has under 100kmiles, service engine light all the time is there, bad catalitic converters and oxigen sensors, overheats uphill when I pull my boat, bad front suspension, bad brakes, piece of crap.

Great vehicle, very reliable
By matthans on 01/09/11 05:25 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004 and never a problem yet. I maintain normal wear and tear items (Brakes, belts, fluids, battery & oil) and nothing seems to beak. Going to drive this truck to its grave.

Paint peeling
By cue on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded to Nissan at the encouragement of my husband. Have owned since the end of December 2004. Great acceleration and performance. No longer have to stop several times during trips to stretch as the comfort level is very good. Downside is Contacted Nissan regarding Paint peeling but it is not considered under warranty.

From "Nearly Flawless" to "Major Flakes"
By Mike234 on 07/13/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first review was published at 2 yrs, 23K miles titled "Nearly Flawless". 3 years and almost 30K miles later the drivetrain performance still is. However this vehicle has developed a Major paint problem - the paint is flaking off the top of the lift gate and starting on the roof. I lose about 4 sq inches every time I wash! Nothing environmental or damaged and I am vigilant with maintenance. Just defective paint as far as I can tell. Nissan's response was basically "Sorry, it's out of warranty". Unfortunate, because it's an otherwise fantastic vehicle. I was a big fan and now they've lost a customer.

Great Used SUV
By timmer24can on 06/23/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was a big North American fan on SUVs but I decided to try Japanese. So I did my research and found that the Pathfinder was rated very high, I found one at a small used car lot and the rest is history....what a great SUV. Motor, Tranny, look and feel A1. I can't stop driving it.

Reliable SUV
By Matt on 05/13/10 08:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV new in 2004 and I've never had one problem with it. I've only had to replace the normal things that wear. New belts, brakes, rotors, tires and a transmission fluid flush. Regular oil changes every 3-5k miles and not one problem! Very happy with this vehicle, it was our first Pathfinder and I'd definitely buy another one.

Best SUV
By Tex on 08/20/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Seriously, I know people buy SUV's for a lot of different reasons, but as far as bang for the buck, I think the Pathfinder is by far the best buy. It's got a pretty powerful v6, great torque. The SE model I have has a nice little roar to the v6. Decent acceleration, great power. The 4x4 has great power. I crossed a snow covered medium going 60 miles/hr on 4x4 high, passing a slow car, like it was nothing, with no loss of control whatsoever. It's great in bad weather. Very reliable car. Maintenance and maintenance costs are minimal. Decent gas mileage for a high performance suv. Fun car. I love the look of it, and am sad about more boxy bulky look on the new models.

Fair vehicle, could be better
By Chris Kent on 08/11/09 11:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I always loved the design on the Pathfinder, and this vehicle is no exception. Rides smooth, good ergonomically inside. We have the LE Platinum Addition so it has almost every option you could ever want.

04 Nissan Pathfinder
By ownedshow on 04/05/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, it's a well built vehicle. Very good ride quality and fun to drive. It's not a true 4x4 so its still a little squirrely on ice or slush.

2004 pathfinder
By AC on 01/27/09 07:04 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like my pathfinder other than the gas mileage and the 6 disc radio gives me trouble in cold weather. Its a very comfortable ride with lots of room. Goes excellent in the snow.