Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

My first SUV and I love it!!!!
By BKTRINIGAL72

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Initially, I wanted a Tahoe or Yukon - was looking on a car lot, the Yukon they had wasn't 'up to snuff', so I was ready to walk away. My husband spotted this olive green Pathfinder that I hated from the start!! But I had been looking for months, I was tired of looking for something and it had less than 91,500 miles on it.

A year and a month later....I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! I actually started loving it about 3 days after purchasing it. Very roomy, love the sunroof, auto adjustable driver's seat, leather interior. My only peeve is lack of volume control on the steering wheel. We have driven it to Kansas (within the first month of getting it!), once to middle TN and twice to Arkansas (near the MI state line). I try to keep up with the oil changes (I average every 4000 miles) and it's about time for a tune-up (more out of routine and it hasn't had one in the year+ I've had it). So glad hubby talked me into this one - stuck on Nissan for life!! Might get an Armada next time... ;-)

Overall a Very Classy and Reliable SUV
By 542keith

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The body's bold, classy, and muscular lines as well as the very well appointed and up-scale interior are like no other SUV and really attracted us. We went Nissan again for the third time!! The power, comfort, and handling are great. This SUV has great materials as well as fit and finish. After 28000 very hard miles the only problem to date is that the rear drum brakes squeal when cold. An easy fix. The gas mileage is about average but the tank should be a little bigger for more range. The rear seat is a little cramped for 6- footers. Great otherwise. Rear storage is good. If you want a classy but reliable SUV pick this one!!!

Bose sound system thumps. The automatic climate control is one of the best designs ever. The interior is by far the classiest of any SUV in it's class. The exterior is very classy. Hated to see it go.

Unusual for rear drum brakes on a vehicle of this caliber. Should have had rear discs. Larger gas tank to help with range on trips. A little more room for rear passengers would be nice.

A few detailed changes for a perfect 10
By Marty T

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love to drive this SUV with car like features. Handling is great, quiet ride and ok fuel comsumption. Definetly needs rear hatch release instead of glass release only or ability to open glass from back of vehicle without using driver side release.

Exterior look. gauges, engine performance, handling

Keyless entry without fob. Rear glass release from back of vehicle. More headroom.

I like mine
By ben-nissan

I have put 1500 miles on mine and I
have concluded that "I like it". It has
power, comfort simple to operate and
handles very well. Great for hurricanes
and remodeling. It can easily haul 12
sheets of plywood or sheetrock if you
fold the rear seat down and lay 2 2x4s
on the top of the folded read seat
back - I was unable to do that with the
Durango or 4-Runner.
Only thing I'd change is the location
of the oil filter. Its a bear to get to.
Great little vehicle.

cargo room and comfort in a small package. handles super

oil filter location is a bear -

Nissan Platinum Edition
By brlouisianatreasures

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have nothing but wonderful things to
report about my Pathfinder. It is my
first SUV and I could not be more
pleased with its comfort. Am
particularly happy with the way it
drives---frankly, it is MUCH easier to
handle than the Grand Marquis I traded!

The performance is magnificent.....very
powerful, smooth ride, and no problems
todate.

The interior is so comfortable and
roomy; love the sun roof! Second-row
seat folds down.

GORGEOUS luminous gold....It is my LSU
Fightin' Tigers vehicle!

Drivability.....easy, easy to handle; comfortable interior with great amenities. Particularly enjoy the sun roof and steering wheel controls for the radio.

Two trash bags...front and rear! Something that attaches/hangs from an existing knob/handle and is machine- washable.