2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
worst car/suv I ever had
By chuckcal32 on 09/16/11 23:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of problems, SUV has under 100kmiles, service engine light all the time is there, bad catalitic converters and oxigen sensors, overheats uphill when I pull my boat, bad front suspension, bad brakes, piece of crap.

Awesome SUV!
By Peter on 01/14/07 15:54 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Pathfinder does everything right. The acceleration is exceptional with 240 horses and I would choose it over a Honda Pilot any day. The features are plenty and I love the one touch front windows and moonroof. Everything is there when you need it. Go buy one! It is very reliable! I have had no problems even after 28k miles!!!

Not bad - at all
By Jan on 09/17/05 22:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Third Nissan in this household (Stanza, Maxima, and now Pathfinder. Got a good deal at end of year (October), so easy choice. It is a high profile vehicle (like any SUV), so does not like sidewind much. Does however like its gas.

Still love this vehicle
By 2nd Time Around on 12/26/04 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Pathfinder (1st was an '02 model.) Had to trade in due to vehicle having 97,000 miles after 2 years. But, had no problems at all, just traded in due to mileage! I love how open this vehicle is and how easy it is to see around me. It drives like a car, not like a truck as so many SUV's do. My only complaints are the size of the back seat & doors (very difficult to hoist a 30 lb child into his car seat) and head room (my 6'6" & 6'7" brothers do not like to ride in my vehicle.) Otherwise, awesome SUV. There is a reason I got another one!!!

BUY A PATHFINDER: U WILL THANK ME!!!
By Pathfinder on 12/17/04 16:40 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pathfinder is a very well composed SUV. I would choose this over the Honda Pilot. With 240 horses and an optional sunroof, this car is for more than just cruising! And now, they are changing the style but I strictly recommend those 2004 and later. The 2005s and up are not as refined or luxurious despite an additional 2 seats over the 2004

Hot rod suv
By Firststrike on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The V6 powering the newest Pathfinders is awesome to say the least, especially when using mid-grade to premium gasoline. It is comfortable even at the highest speeds and is always under complete control. Only thing I would ask Nissan to adjust would be the drivers seat. It simply will not slide far enough rearward. Oh yes, we Americans have slightly larger feet than the Japanese, and I would like to see a greater distance between the accelerator and the brake pedal. Iv'e come close on numerous occassions to slamming into a car or object in front or the rear of my vehicle, due to my foot hitting the accelerator and brake at the same time

My new Pathfinder
By vistashawn on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Though I just recently purchased this car, I have to say it has been the smartest purchase I have ever made. This SUV is smooth, powerful and great looking. No need to talk about the reliability, this is my third Nissan and the oldest has over 175,000 and still going strong.

The best pathfinder of this class 04
By Vincent Quitco on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nissan has prove it again and broken the monotony of 4Runners. Agility and Performance off and on the road is excellent, nobody beats this class.

FUN TO DRIVE
By BELINDA on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

ROOMY POWERFUL FUN TO DRIVE COMFORTABLE SEATING

Nissan Pathfinder
By bigmama on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I gave up 2000 Durango for my Pathfinder, thinking I was going to get better gas mileage, and to my surprize, the Durango had better gas mileage then the Pathfinder! I am very disapointed in the gas mileage, if I am lucky, I get about 220 miles to a gallon of gas, that is only 11 miles to the gallon. that sucks.