Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

My first SUV and I love it!!!!
By BKTRINIGAL72

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Initially, I wanted a Tahoe or Yukon - was looking on a car lot, the Yukon they had wasn't 'up to snuff', so I was ready to walk away. My husband spotted this olive green Pathfinder that I hated from the start!! But I had been looking for months, I was tired of looking for something and it had less than 91,500 miles on it.

A year and a month later....I FREAKING LOVE IT!!! I actually started loving it about 3 days after purchasing it. Very roomy, love the sunroof, auto adjustable driver's seat, leather interior. My only peeve is lack of volume control on the steering wheel. We have driven it to Kansas (within the first month of getting it!), once to middle TN and twice to Arkansas (near the MI state line). I try to keep up with the oil changes (I average every 4000 miles) and it's about time for a tune-up (more out of routine and it hasn't had one in the year+ I've had it). So glad hubby talked me into this one - stuck on Nissan for life!! Might get an Armada next time... ;-)

She gets me there and back
By On-Call Mama

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in Wrangler for this after addition to family. Bought for reliability in horrible weather, not bells/whistles, so I have minimum basic setup. She's been a tank in bad snow so far as long as you drive smart, esp with good weather tires. Peace of mind when forced traveling bad road conditions. Went in knowing gas mpg suboptimal. Didn't look at crash test ratings, should have! She's been a very reliable rig so far, feel like I'm betraying her for actively searching for safer vehicle. Don't plan on self maintenance, can't access oil filter on my own. Family choice for vacation trips since its small-ish and can sneak into parking spots. Will be sad to trade her in, but gotta protect the family.

200k pathy
By Adam

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got about 230k miles on my 04 4x4. Started giving me headaches around 190k, I should have just got rid if it then. Overall it was a decent rig. But I wouldn't recommend it if you anticipate high miles/use. It definitely doesn't have the same reliability or longevity of a toyota.

Very happy with this truck
By 04cobrasc

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 Pathfinder LE with 74k miles, all the bells and EXCELLENT SHAPE, really like new condition in 2012. So, 21 months later not one issue, very reliable truck and awesome in the Chicago winters after mounting a set of New Firestone Dest LE2 on all four corners. Don't understand fuel capacity?? Says it has a 21 gal tank and its never taken more than 16 at the pump?? The only thing I would change on this truck would be the 4 speed transmission! Really needs a min of a 5 speed which would much improve the fuel economy. I now have 107k miles, truck is still in excellent shape and running as strong as day one. Solid Solid no non-sense truck.

Great ride, great comfort, towing 4000lbs with ease

5 speed transmission

worst car/suv I ever had
By chuckcal32

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of problems, SUV has under 100kmiles, service engine light all the time is there, bad catalitic converters and oxigen sensors, overheats uphill when I pull my boat, bad front suspension, bad brakes, piece of crap.