Used 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

worst car/suv I ever had
By chuckcal32

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of problems, SUV has under 100kmiles, service engine light all the time is there, bad catalitic converters and oxigen sensors, overheats uphill when I pull my boat, bad front suspension, bad brakes, piece of crap.

Great vehicle, very reliable
By matthans

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2004 and never a problem yet. I maintain normal wear and tear items (Brakes, belts, fluids, battery & oil) and nothing seems to beak. Going to drive this truck to its grave.

Favorite Features

Reliability, usability & cost. Things seem to made pretty heavy duty on this truck and last the expected time. No funky mechanical issues. Drives great in the snow too!

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage is ok, I get around 15 mpg which is advertised for this suv. With two kids in car seats, its fine. But when my wife has to hop in the back with the new born, its pretty tight. We are looking at getting rid of her Passat and getting the Armada.

Paint peeling
By cue

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded to Nissan at the encouragement of my husband. Have owned since the end of December 2004. Great acceleration and performance. No longer have to stop several times during trips to stretch as the comfort level is very good. Downside is Contacted Nissan regarding Paint peeling but it is not considered under warranty.

Favorite Features

Comfort Handles well in all types of weather. Nice high and low 4 wheel drive. I am the one driving others home from work during heavy snow storms. Nice stereo system

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage is not the best but can live with. I suggest Nissan figures out and or shares with us as to why the paint is peeling off the roof of my car and what the fix is as i have read on the net of others effected having their cars repainted only to have it happen again.Whats the answer NISSAN?

From "Nearly Flawless" to "Major Flakes"
By Mike234

2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first review was published at 2 yrs, 23K miles titled "Nearly Flawless". 3 years and almost 30K miles later the drivetrain performance still is. However this vehicle has developed a Major paint problem - the paint is flaking off the top of the lift gate and starting on the roof. I lose about 4 sq inches every time I wash! Nothing environmental or damaged and I am vigilant with maintenance. Just defective paint as far as I can tell. Nissan's response was basically "Sorry, it's out of warranty". Unfortunate, because it's an otherwise fantastic vehicle. I was a big fan and now they've lost a customer.

Favorite Features

Ultra-reliable, great driving dynamics

Suggested Improvements

Good grief - use better quality paint!

Great Used SUV
By timmer24can

2004 Nissan Pathfinder LE Platinum 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was a big North American fan on SUVs but I decided to try Japanese. So I did my research and found that the Pathfinder was rated very high, I found one at a small used car lot and the rest is history....what a great SUV. Motor, Tranny, look and feel A1. I can't stop driving it.

Favorite Features

Torque, interior, drive and looks

Suggested Improvements

nothing