2003 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: New Pathfinder Owner - First I

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

New Pathfinder Owner - First Impressions
By NH William on

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since the deals are so good out there right now, I looked into buying a new SUV to replace my 1996 Ford Explorer. I test drove the Highlander, Explorer, Tribute, 4 Runner and Xterra before deciding on the 2003 Pathfinder. This vehicle isn't perfect, but it's a very nice combination of reliability, price, styling, handling and features. It rode better than any vehicle except perhaps the Highlander, but I found it more comfortable (no captain's chair's arms) and with many more small nice features such as lighted vanity mirrors, fog lights, compass and opening rear window. My model is loaded, mainly due to the Nissan packages required to get side airbags.

Favorite Features

Excellent handling, ride and engine power; Dual sun visors; Auto 4WD; One touch up and down front windows & sunroof; Seat comfort; Climate control; Memory & heated seats; Good headlights and dash lights; Numerous cupholders and cubbie holes

Suggested Improvements

Illuminate steering wheel audio/cruise controls; Needs an inch or two more front/rear leg room and front head room, especially with the sunroof; Gas mileage lower than average SUV; More diverse package options (had to take audio, sunroof and leather packages to get side airbags)