2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My two cents.

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

SE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

My two cents.
By Vitaliy on

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned a previous model 98 same problems as with new. At 75,000 replace exhaust. At 78k front wheel bearings and belts. Good in the snow, cramped seats in the back. Overall never left me strangled anywhere but keep in mind check engine light will come on once you hit 75k Evap system leak just like my old one. Nissan just cant get that system right. Gr8 for carrying stuff from home depot (sheet rock, plywood etc...) not the best for long trips as seats are not comfortable especially in the back. I don't know how those people are claiming to average 24 mpg hwy and 20 city the best I manage is 12 mpg city and 17 mpg hwy. Transmission is going at 84k and front suspension needs work again.

Favorite Features

Got loads of power but not too much. 4WD, big cargo area once folded the seat.

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve something thats not made anymore. But here it goes, seat comfort, gas mileage, Evap system finally get it right, and please do something about the new design its utterly hideous with accompanying mpg in the single digits. Overall Nissan lost my business.