Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

good all around vehicle
By billy

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

purchased the pathfinder after owning a maxima, power is excellent, needs better standard tires, fuel mileage is very low, heat can use some improvements, takes a good 20 minutes to warm up, by this time i am already at work. Stereo is excellent, agree that cd player skips in cold, needs more storage space, no place to put loose change. Braking is good, traction good is 4X4, however rear tires like to slide on wet pavement. Roof rack can be changed, can never get the snow off of it. All around, much better then my parents blazer and explorer, tops the cherokee..

stereo, styling

Heat, tires, a new roof rack that doesn't hold in the snow

Overall a Good SUV
By Rainman

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of the traction problems are from sub-par tires. Changed the tires to Yokohama Geolanders and most of the traction problems went away. Rear cargo space may be a little small and the rear seats are a little difficult to put down, but overall a great value.

Bose Radio

Change tires to ones that perform better

A Solid Choice
By Orange Blood

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE was an excellent buy, and I recommend it for anyone in the market for a slightly more luxurious, mid-size SUV. The excitement is still there every day I get in it for the daily commute, and the styling gives me confidence that it will hold it's appeal for years to come. It is the perfect mix of power, size, luxury, and ruggedness that can handle anything I ask of it. The LE's aggressive, yet sophisticated demeanor melds well with the Texas landscape. Oh, and a note about the gas mileage; it's a RWD 240HP V6 SUV, so come to terms with it's gas guzzling tendencies BEFORE you buy and it will all be OK!

Attractive exterior and luxurious interior, without being pretentious or gawdy. Deep tint on the back windows help keep the black leather cool in the Texas heat. Smooth, yet firm ride, and TERRIFIC acceleration. Solid brakes, stable corners, great ground clearance, and plenty of storage.

Limited head room; tall people beware! VERY firm and BUMPY ride for rear passengers. A bigger "faux" clutch pad would be nice. Bose stereo, although nice, is a bit mid-heavy and causes annoying rattles in the doors. Alternate trim in the LE would be great (fixed in '04).

Need Better fuel and more Rear Room
By TMAC

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Ride, except that it needs better fuel economy and more rear room. But for the amount of power you're getting the fuel is i guess OK. But definitely more room in the back.

POWER!!!

Fuel, Rear Room

Nissan's Rock
By T5time

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only buy Nissans I have owned 8 of them, this is my second pathfinder. I love the absolute instant power that you get by stepping on the accelerator. The interior fit and finish is great. The only downfall was that My dealer stunk...Still waiting on him to call me for my free pin stripes it has been 8 months. Stay away from Suntrup Nissan in St Louis

LE interior, Bose Sound system and we got the dealer installed DVD/VCR