2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
95% Manufactured in Japan...
By rippedmass on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first SUV.Had Legends b4 this, but I need the space since I tow offroad. It was Pathy OR 4runner, Toyota didn't move on price SO got Pathy for $7000 off MSRP. Overall a good SUV, SUV body roll what you would expect. 240HP engine is powerful, it's geared and tuned low for towing..fine with me. 3500mi so far..Major reason I was looking at Pathy/4runner: they are still manufactured IN JAPAN. So no problems...like my Legends! The Bridgestone Duellers are Terrible! These are the worst tires I have EVER ridden...Marginally good in the dry and bald-like in rain and snow. Get the tires traded in b4 you leave dealer so you don't slide out of the showroom.

Reliable, fast, and clean SUV
By Dr. Web on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the Pathfinder was a good buy. Its strong, fast, and feels good to drive. The styling is a bit understated, and the extra exterior options (grillguard $399, skirack $100, rear wind buffer $78, taillight guards $168) can add up quick. Of these, the grillguard and the rear wind buffer add the most to the appearence of the vehicle. The main reasons I chose this vehicle over the other competitors (I had owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee) was the excellent reliability, and the lower price.

Pathfinder: A Great Find
By Mitchell Collins on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The best car we have owned (and the most expensive) very comfortable, and fun to drive. Really love it but wish we had 4wd (just in case. Also the engine is awesome, great acceleration.

Smooth ride, but could use more room
By twoskip on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will say that this SUV has a great car like ride. Better MPG than my previous Grand Cherokee. Not as roomy as the Grand Cherokee though, and not enough interior storage compartments for misc. things.

Excellent Value - Quality Rig
By Jack Jones on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at 4-Runner and Liberty - Pathfinder was hands down winner for VALUE. Engine is VERY peppy - rig really moves for a 4400 lb vehicle. Have thus far driven on numerous bumpy dirt roads. I have not heard one single pop, rattle, or vibration. Rig is very solid and tight! Surprisingly quiet on highway.

Best SUV on the Market!!!!!
By Ray's SUV on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Best and Safest Suv on the market!!!!!!! The day after Christmas (2002)I dropped my wife off at work and a tree broke in half totaling my Pathfinder (remember I am in it!)I was able to walk away from from my crushed Pathfinder. Needless to say, I went out and bought a brand new 2003 Pathfinder. Just Love the Nissan Products!!!!

Great SUV that drives like a car
By Forti on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has it all a great interior and enough power to statisfy all.

the swiss army knife of the road
By scottinky on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my truck a week and a half ago, I love it! I went from a Mustang GT to this, and I am not longing for more peformance. This SUV is very comfortable to sit in and drive. It has already proven its worth in some wintery weather. i look forward to having it in the family for a very long time!

Just upgraded
By S.J. on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

97' SE to a 03' LE. The added horsepower is great. Truck is 2 weeks and it needs a new power sunroof motor. Otherwise, the overall design and features of the LE model are well worth the price, invoice that is. Gas mileage could use some improvement but it's an SUV what did you expect. Our final decision came down to the Pathfinder vs. the Lincoln Aviator. The Aviator had all the bells and whistle's, but it's still a Ford product and resale value compared to a Nissan will make you realize that eventually. I would definitely recommend this truck if you are looking for a reliable vehicle that's fun to drive and holds it's value.

PRETTY DAMN CLOSE TP PERFECT
By DANNAD on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WELL, I DROVE A LOWERED, 2 DOOR INTEGRA FOR 5 YEARS, THEN I DECIDED TO GET SOMETHING A LITTLE BIGGER. IM STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO ALL THE ROOM. ITS GOT THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF ROOM FOR A MONSTEROUS SYSTEM IN THE TRUNK, AND THATS WHAT MINES GONNA HAVE!!!! AND I HAVE HAULED ABOUT A 1600 LB LOAD NO PROBLEM, EVEN IN 2WHEEL DRIVE!