2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Overall a Good SUV
By Rainman on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A lot of the traction problems are from sub-par tires. Changed the tires to Yokohama Geolanders and most of the traction problems went away. Rear cargo space may be a little small and the rear seats are a little difficult to put down, but overall a great value.

A Solid Choice
By Orange Blood on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE was an excellent buy, and I recommend it for anyone in the market for a slightly more luxurious, mid-size SUV. The excitement is still there every day I get in it for the daily commute, and the styling gives me confidence that it will hold it's appeal for years to come. It is the perfect mix of power, size, luxury, and ruggedness that can handle anything I ask of it. The LE's aggressive, yet sophisticated demeanor melds well with the Texas landscape. Oh, and a note about the gas mileage; it's a RWD 240HP V6 SUV, so come to terms with it's gas guzzling tendencies BEFORE you buy and it will all be OK!

Need Better fuel and more Rear Room
By TMAC on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Ride, except that it needs better fuel economy and more rear room. But for the amount of power you're getting the fuel is i guess OK. But definitely more room in the back.

Nissan's Rock
By T5time on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only buy Nissans I have owned 8 of them, this is my second pathfinder. I love the absolute instant power that you get by stepping on the accelerator. The interior fit and finish is great. The only downfall was that My dealer stunk...Still waiting on him to call me for my free pin stripes it has been 8 months. Stay away from Suntrup Nissan in St Louis

I love it all but the gas milage
By bamccargo on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love it all but the gas milage

needs traction control
By syd on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV needs traction control.Spun tires an intersections with the front half of the vehicle in the way of oncoming traffic many times. Also doesn't handle well on wet roads. Was very fast but almost too fast for what it was (a light rear wheel drive truck) Used the 4WD in the rain. Enjoyed the truck at times and thought it was fun and sporty to drive but didn't feel secure in it. Didn't hold the road well. Also not roomy enough for our small family of 3 plus dog. Gas mileage wasn't great either for such a small truck. Just got rid of it after 7 months and moved on to an '02 Explorer. Much different ride. Won't miss the Pathfinder.

Not the Best Family Vehicle
By Wetfly on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Shoulda done more homework: We were taken by the performance, responsiveness, and sporty look of the Pathfinder, but quickly came to realize that the back seat and cargo areas are skimpy, and the ride is...well...jumpy? The V6 is fun, but combine that with some mediocre rubber and no Traction Control, and pulling out into a wet intersection during heavy traffic can get dicey...

great value
By Not2bad on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first suv,and this truck is very well rounded.It has a good solid ride,and it handles well.The build quality is very good,and it has lots of comfort.the cloth is very high quality and even though the driver seat is not power,it has a lot of adjustment options.Stereo/cd sounds good ,but could use a subwoofer.Heater is a little weak on floor setting.

Very Creaky
By shira on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Pathfinder in a row. I have taken it to the dealership 8 times and they can not fix a creaking noise that I hear above my head. Did not have this problem before.

Major problem right from factory!
By DMY1973 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The day I picked up the Pathfinder I experienced a stalling/idling problem. The problem continued to get worse and the first time I used it on the highway, the vehicle would not upshift forcing the engine to redline at 65 mph. The dealer made $1500 worth of torque converter warranty repairs. The parts took a month to come in and the vehicle was completely unreliable to drive. This appears to be fixed now but the windshield stress cracked at 6 mos due to improper installation. I enjoy driving this Pathfinder I am very concerned about its long term reliability. I have another 30 months on my lease and that scares me.