Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

2nd Pathfinder
By Bass-o-matic

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second pathfinder. We have owned it for about three weeks, so my review will not reflect long term reliability. However, I know that these things will last. I have several friends that have well over 200k on their older Pathfinders. I sold my 93 with 200k on the odo and would not have hesitated to drive it across the US. I hooked a trailer on my old one and drove it across the US with 155k on the odo. But this is a review about a 2003, so what do I think- Great build quality, equal or better than the Lexus RX300 we traded in. Great power (the 93 could barley get out of its own way). Noisy when cold- belts, and valve clatter, better when warm. Great off road capability.

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats, power- 240 hp 265 ft-lb. Handling is better than most SUVs. Steering wheel audio controls, (if you hold the UP or DOWN button while a CD is playing it will change CD's, tap and it will advance songs). 8 way adj. driver seat. Good ride quality. Auto 4x4 is nice-2wd or awd ability

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is a bit much for a high end suv, wind and rain make quite a racket. Gas mileage like there is a hole in the gas tank. (To be fair, I knew this before we bought it,do your research- if you expect 25mpg don't buy this car) MPG is lower than average for SUVs in its class. AVG -15city 18hwy

Not as good as expected
By wmhray

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Driving is acceptable, but the brakes had a problem with the pedal going lower than the gas. Dealer had to go over it several times, but this was a safety hazard. The A/C developed a leak, and the Service Engine light cost $900 to get a leak fixed. The shield under the engine fell down due to a corroded fastener breaking.

Favorite Features

Interior finish.

Suggested Improvements

The corrosion problems need to be addressed and warranty increased.

stylish
By pkmcd99

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Finally an SUV with luxury options at an affordable price. 5 star safety is a welcomed bonus. love my Nissan, glad to rid my Jeep.

Favorite Features

heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

should offer traction control locker in rear, although, limited slip option performs flawlessly

Pathfinder Rocks
By PFinder Driver

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car on lease for the past 3 years..now I am faced with the difficult choice of buying it out, or getting a new car. Always got me where I needed to go. GREAT for packing anything and everything into. Drives like a car not a truck.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel, sunroof, arm rest, pick-up for an SUV, BODY STYLE, room in back to haul.

Suggested Improvements

Why they changed the body style in 2006 is beyond me, that is the ONLY reason I will not be buying a new one. I LOVE the old look of this style. Oh well.

More room in a car
By hunterbaby

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Pathfinder only 9 months ago and traded it in for a regular car!! There isn't that much room in the Pathfinder for two adults and two kids with car seats. Never had a problem with it. When the kids get bigger - might consider buying another. They would have to do something about the gas mileage though!!

Favorite Features

vcr, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE!!! Block out more outside noise