Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

FUN TO DRIVE AND LOOKS GREAT
By BABOSA

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

LETS SEE I LOCK AT THE HIGHLANDER,4RUNNER,ACURA,HONDA, BUT I USE TO OWN A ALTIMA LOVE NISSAN , DIDNT EVEN TEST DRIVEB THE PATHFINDER . LOOKE AT THE REVIEWS AND I FEEL IN LOVE. EVEN GOT A FRIEND TO BUY PATHFINDER.

Favorite Features

RADIO AND RAIDO CONTROL ON THE WHEEL , SUNROOF

Suggested Improvements

GAS , NEED IT TO DO BETTER

if your 5'9" or taller, dont buy it
By bily t

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

this suv is way to small, im 5 8 and its to small for me, forget about the back seats, your lucky if you get 2 small adults back there, and cargo space,,,,what cargo space????

Favorite Features

it looks nice

Suggested Improvements

more head room, leg room,cargo room,

Drives like a car, performs like a truck
By Chris G.

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I waited to submit a review until after I had my Pathfinder for almost a year, and I have nothing by great things to say. The Pathfinder, much more than any other mid-size SUV, drives like a car. Handling is impeccible and accelleration is smooth and responsive. Plus, the 4WD performance is very capable for the typical SUV owner. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that it'd be nice to have a little more shoulder room in the driver's seat. I'm a broad-shouldered guy, so the roomier the better. But I'm being picky because everything else about the Pathfinder is wonderful!

Almost 1 year and 7500 miles later...
By bd70

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm still enjoying my ride like I did when I purchased it. Leather interior is great. Real wood would be great but the plastic wood still warms up the interior. Put some quality floor mats in and a cargo mat, you're ready to go. I put on the front brush and rear taillight guards and it LOOKS a bit more rugged. I wouldn't count on them for protection. The new 17" rims are a good improvement but are really easy to scratch on the curb. People complain about the rear seat, but I'm driving so I don't care, and my passengers never complain. I also like the styling inside and out, even if it is a bit dated on the outside. Still a good-looking vehicle.

Favorite Features

leather interior, smooth drivetrain and acceleration, 17" rims, overall utility, All/4WD selection and performance, looks

Suggested Improvements

better audio (Bose is too muddy IMHO), stronger air conditioning, gas mileage although I knew how bad it was before I bought it, more forward center console, garage remote is a bit weak in range, 4 wheel disc brakes

Just bought a 4X2 LE
By gem

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty nice SUV. It has all the bells and whistles of a luxury car and rides rather confortably on long journeys/trips.

Favorite Features

Awesome immediate POWER. True SUV with car feel.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy (It seems to be averaging 15 mpg)