Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great Car, Great Value
By catnip63

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've always been a Nissan Pathfinder fan, till now ( I hate the new body style) I've owned my 2003 for 5 years now. I live in Utah and it's the best 4 wheel drive I've owned. I've had a 1989, 1990, 1997 pathfinders and now the 2003. I have never had it strand me or had any expensive repairs. I do all the recommended maintenances though. The gas mileage would be my only "con" but I wouldn't trade better gas mileage for the power it has. I do love the power and control this car provides. I think for the money this is a solid, reliable, well built car. I see lots of 2003 Nissan Pathfinders with over 200,000 miles. I think that says a lot.

Reliability, 4X4, Power.

Not pleased with my purchase
By me

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 95 Cadillac and a 99 Tahoe. Iím really disappointed with this vehicle, not even a week after I bought it, I had the a.c. compressor go out and there was an exhaust leak. Now when I accelerate it still sounds like thereís an exhaust leak and lacks the get up when I step on the gas. The other thing with it there's something loose that rattles when I'm driving. The driver seat is really uncomfortable, the room in this vehicle is very limited to what I'm used to when I had my Tahoe, even my Brougham had more room than this Pathfinder. I'm regretting this purchase would not purchase another one, I should've gone with the Toyota 4Runner at least its reputation is a heck of a lot better.

None

Fuel economy, the seating improve your exhaust problem. It's nice to have a Bose system but if you want to replace it cost way too much. And a 2003 to have the A.C. go out at only 5 yrs is not good.

Great purchase
By ap

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ok, so the gas mileage isn't the best. It's an SUV, what are you gonna do? I still think that out of all the SUVs out there, this one has some of the best mileage I've seen. I'm averaging 20city/24hwy. The comfort of the ride is extremely smooth and it's got great get up and go. I'm very glad I bought this car. It has been reliable comfortable car.

Bose stereo, luggage rack, V6 engine.

Reduce outside noise. It's not too loud but it could be softer.

Luxurious!
By A Parker

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I think it really depends on what you were driving before. If you were driving a cadillac, you might not like it as much. I went from an '88 Honda CRX to this and I LOVE IT!! The ride is smooth, the stereo is great, and it didn't break the bank. Gas mileage in an SUV always isn't going to be the best but I'm averaging right about 20/gallon so I can't complain. I love my new car. And there's so much room inside. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

V6 Engine, Stereo, comfy seats

None, ...make a hybrid version?

ok
By roco

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

very rough suspension...almost like driving a sports car...good acceleration but poor suspension...very bumpy.

leather seats