Used 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

7 Year Review (LE Model 2WD)
By ses3699

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in sep'03 and have 120,000 miles. Comfortable, dependable, good power. Replaced one front wheel bearing, battery, brakes at 60,000 miles. Dealer fixed catalytic converter at 70,000 miles under warranty. Replaced front struts, shocks at 110,000 miles and belts at 50,000 and 100,000 miles. Original bridgestone tires replaced at 35,000 miles. Went to Michelin and replaced them at 105,000 miles with Michelin. Get 19 mpg driving from stop-and-go to 80 mph every day to work (40 miles each way). Cd skips when cold. Driver seat leather getting rips near controls. Steering wheel radio controls are becoming finicky. Cup holder lid hinges.Towed trailers on several 2000 mile trips

Favorite Features

Power, styling, towing capacity, leather interior, vehicle dynamic control, radio controls on steering wheel. Seats fold easy. For size of vehicle has good roominess. Roof rails for hauling plywood, etc. CD changer and radio. Next time I will go with XM radio. Has drain plug on transmission pan.

Suggested Improvements

I do most of my own maintained so wish accessibility under hood was better. Type of differential fluid is not published and dealer would not tell me what to use. Probably will not replace with a new Pathfinder (dealer, styling and mileage). Will look at them but sure fuel mileage will rule them out.

Imapathfinder2
By Lawanda

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been my best purchase yet! I really enjoy driving this vehicle, and the fuel consumtion is not so bad. I plan to keep it for a long time!

Favorite Features

The overall look outside and especially inside. I like all of the extra's that come with the loaded packag; from the steering wheel and seat comfort, to the quality stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

There isn't much room for backseat passengers.

Wicked Awesome
By Jonny D.

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. That's all I can say. I just purchased this truck, used, from a private seller and I have been in love ever since. The interior is plush, but not gaudy; it is simple, easy on the eyes and consistent with the truck's exterior look. Leather seats are very comfortable. The exterior possesses all the characterisitcs commonly sought after by the superficial man -- it looks very cool. But the best part about the truck, and the reason why I would buy it again even if it didn't have all this other stuff, is that it is so much fun to drive. It feels like you are coasting on air; the engine is strong and quick. It accelerates quickly and brakes the same. It is a blast.

Favorite Features

The engine/acceleration -- this thing hauls some serious business. Having the radio controls on the steering wheel is very convenient. Leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better; or gas prices could be cheaper. I'm not sure who's to blame.

So happy brought another one
By Lisicles

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is smooth riding vehicle - I bought it for the dogs, and they love it :) We travel around the county to shows and this vehicle is everything and more - WAY more power than the Tahoe we tested at the same time.

Favorite Features

The power that this SUV has is great, even at 90 you still have more power avaiable if needed.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the whistling sound that comes from the window - they tell me they can't fix it - wouldlike to see that improved.

A Solid Choice
By Orange Blood

2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE was an excellent buy, and I recommend it for anyone in the market for a slightly more luxurious, mid-size SUV. The excitement is still there every day I get in it for the daily commute, and the styling gives me confidence that it will hold it's appeal for years to come. It is the perfect mix of power, size, luxury, and ruggedness that can handle anything I ask of it. The LE's aggressive, yet sophisticated demeanor melds well with the Texas landscape. Oh, and a note about the gas mileage; it's a RWD 240HP V6 SUV, so come to terms with it's gas guzzling tendencies BEFORE you buy and it will all be OK!

Favorite Features

Attractive exterior and luxurious interior, without being pretentious or gawdy. Deep tint on the back windows help keep the black leather cool in the Texas heat. Smooth, yet firm ride, and TERRIFIC acceleration. Solid brakes, stable corners, great ground clearance, and plenty of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Limited head room; tall people beware! VERY firm and BUMPY ride for rear passengers. A bigger "faux" clutch pad would be nice. Bose stereo, although nice, is a bit mid-heavy and causes annoying rattles in the doors. Alternate trim in the LE would be great (fixed in '04).