2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Not pleased with my purchase
By me on 09/10/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 95 Cadillac and a 99 Tahoe. I’m really disappointed with this vehicle, not even a week after I bought it, I had the a.c. compressor go out and there was an exhaust leak. Now when I accelerate it still sounds like there’s an exhaust leak and lacks the get up when I step on the gas. The other thing with it there's something loose that rattles when I'm driving. The driver seat is really uncomfortable, the room in this vehicle is very limited to what I'm used to when I had my Tahoe, even my Brougham had more room than this Pathfinder. I'm regretting this purchase would not purchase another one, I should've gone with the Toyota 4Runner at least its reputation is a heck of a lot better.

Great purchase
By ap on 09/27/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ok, so the gas mileage isn't the best. It's an SUV, what are you gonna do? I still think that out of all the SUVs out there, this one has some of the best mileage I've seen. I'm averaging 20city/24hwy. The comfort of the ride is extremely smooth and it's got great get up and go. I'm very glad I bought this car. It has been reliable comfortable car.

Luxurious!
By A Parker on 01/04/06 20:43 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I think it really depends on what you were driving before. If you were driving a cadillac, you might not like it as much. I went from an '88 Honda CRX to this and I LOVE IT!! The ride is smooth, the stereo is great, and it didn't break the bank. Gas mileage in an SUV always isn't going to be the best but I'm averaging right about 20/gallon so I can't complain. I love my new car. And there's so much room inside. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

ok
By roco on 07/07/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

very rough suspension...almost like driving a sports car...good acceleration but poor suspension...very bumpy.

Good choice of mid-SUV
By Greg on 05/20/05 13:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a solid vehicle, that looks better, performs better, and holds more stuff than many of its peers. I looked at nearly a dozen comparable SUVs and felt that this was the best across the board value, and I still feel that way 2+ years later. I owned a Mustang GT but needed an SUV, wanted a Pathfinder but couldn't afford it, bought the wrong one and finally got a Pathfinder 2 years later. It was worth the wait. Acceleration, braking and handling are all very good. The styling, especially in the interior is pleasing to your eyes without being dominant and eye- distracting. There are enough cubbies and cupholders to meet your needs, and the seats are quite comfortable. Really good vehicle.

Need Better fuel and more Rear Room
By TMAC on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Ride, except that it needs better fuel economy and more rear room. But for the amount of power you're getting the fuel is i guess OK. But definitely more room in the back.

My Pathfinder
By CGG on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall it's been a good driving experience. I noticed that the vehicle is not so smooth on the road though, you feel every little bump.

Linda's Path
By nayaep on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the power on this vehicle and the solid construction. It does not feel large and clunky like most trucks but agile and quick. I find it roomy and comfortable without feeling overwhelming.

Great SUV
By Delight on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I call my pathfinder " Big Sexy". And that is just what it is. It is a cool and sexy truck. When I am out for play or on a date it fits my personality. It is also very durable. I had to from my four bedroom home in about 2 days. Lets just say the only thing I did not move in the Sexy Mobil was my washer and dryer! In short.. I love my truck

Nice
By April Summerall on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2nd one....drives like a car