2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: Still Like It

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

Still Like It
By TX Driver on

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got my Pathfinder brand new and drive it 30 miles every day to and from work. My husband and I also wind up driving it on the weekends instead of his 2003 Chevrolet Pickup. We call it the "grocery wagon" because it's so easy to access the back to put in shopping bags. It seems like it can haul just about as much as a full-sized pickup when we fold the seats down. It's sturdy, airtight, and has plenty of pickup on the road. I was looking for another SUV, but the new ones don't have much more to offer than my 2002 model.

The dash controls and lights, the audio access on the steering wheel, the "jeep- like" climbing ability, the sun roof, the cargo area and access, the paint job (Pearl White), the seats are high up like a truck, fun to drive.

The cheesy letters on the luggage rack were peeling when we bought it, but I just finished peeling them off (didn't like them anyway). The all plastic interior is OK, but looks kind of cheap for a $31,000 SUV. My A/C fan has been making a noise like it's going out. No major complaints.