2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: More than I expected

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

More than I expected
By Got Sake'? on

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I originally wanted an SE with leather, sunroof, and CD...but my wife wanted the entertainment package for the kids...so I asked the dealer to locate a truck for me...He had in stock the LE with all the extras I wanted, and the navigation system, which I did not want. I researched all the internet sites, including Edmunds and arrived at an invoice price of just over $34,700. I started the negotating of the truck at $32,600.00, because I didn't want the navigation in the truck so I decided split the cost with him on the navigation, because you don't get something for nothing and it was already there. I picked up the truck for $32,200.00

The seats are comfy and supportive, gauges are big and visible. Ample placement of speakers to give a nice imaged sound. The engine is quiet, but jump on it and it comes alive, and the shifts are not harsh. Very impressed at the fit and finish, no mis matched panels or trim.

Fuel mileage...they need to work on this, maybe 5 speed auto i/l/o 4...given the fact that this truck is not lite, about 4,000 lbs. maybe more with a family, but this thing thinks gas is cheap, like water.