2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: great 2nd car..Love it!

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

great 2nd car..Love it!
By jeadie on

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Pathfinder on a whim 2 years ago when I had my Mercedes in for service. Other than the questionable gas mileage, the car is perfect. Very reliable, comfortable and plenty of power for my needs. I loved the way it looked and the amenities are awesome for car of its age. I only paid $9k for it with 72k miles and it was and is in excellent condition. Although we will keep primary cars which get better mileage, I plan to keep the Pathfinder in my fleet for as long as it will have me. So far, so good.

Favorite Features

Love the storage! The moonroof is great and the Bose system sounds great. The "issues" with the CD changer only seem to appear in extreame cold or Heat as would any changer. Wish it had an Ipod port but the old school tape deck works fine with an adapter. The aggressive roof rack looks great on the SE model.

Suggested Improvements

If there was any way to increase gas mileage that would be great. Ipod port (although I understand there is an aftermarket unit which can be fitted). The Heat shield noise can be a little annoying at times when the car is cold.