For a good value, play your cards right!
By kiyyap on
2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
The 2002 LE 4WD is my 5th pathfinder (1993,1995,1997,2001,2002).I have had it for 3 years now and I will have it until it dies. My first four pathfinders were XE 2WD models and I splurged on this one and learned a big lesson. You can easily find a 2 year old model and save yourself about $20K and have a very very very great truck. Then engine is strong and the Auto 4WD with limited slip is extremely able to get you through the snow/ice/rain/sand etc etc. I have pulled 4000 lbs with this car cross country and I have taken this off road. I have only experienced two problems, cracked joints on the exhaust pipes and BOSE 6CD head unit replaced under warranty.
Favorite Features
Bose system is balanced and adequate for a wide range of music. I like the heated leather power seats, Auto 4WD system, and the OEM tires (for the first 20K miles). The BOSE 6CD option is nice too, not perfect, but not worth upgrading (for $2K+)
Suggested Improvements
Tint the windows even more, improve gas mileage, and lay down dynamat in the trunk and in the firewall.