2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: First SUV and loving it

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

LE 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

First SUV and loving it
By Jim Lewis on

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 4x4 2002 Pathfinder LE. This is the first SUV that I have owned. My previous car was a 1992 Lexus GS300, and I don't miss it. While the Pathfinder is certainly not a Lexus the ride is comfortable and the drive is very simular to a car. I have taking the Pathfinder off road once up in Malibu and it was a rush - after I got half way into it I realized I was dinking around with a new car so I slowed it down, but it was fun. The Pathfinder was able to hadle the trails very well. The milage I have gotton around town is about 14MPG and hwy has been about 17MPG. I test drove just about everything else out there and I am very pleased with the decision so far.

The overall feel and drive of the Pathfinder has been a pleasure. Sound system (Bose)is great.

My wife has a hard time closing the rear hatch (the new Ford Explorer has a good solution for that with a lower window opening if any Nissan folks are reading). Otherwise I have no complaints.