2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: After One Week In Our New 02 P

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Review

After One Week In Our New 02 Pathfinder
By ChicagoPathfinder on

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After a week with our new Pathfinder LE I must admit that I'm very impressed overall. I also heavily considered the Toyota 4Runner, Infinity QX4 (almost the same vehicle as the Pathfinder), and Lexus RX300. Build quality is excellent. Performance excellent! Price was less than the Lexus and the Toyota. Drives more like a car than a truck. Not the most attractive of the bunch (the 4Runner is better looking). However, the 240 HP engine and towing capacity (tows my 2500 lb boat) put the Pathfinder well over the others. Even without the towing capability I would have chosen it though.

240 HP engine, excellent ride, high quality interior, DVD Entertainment System, Glacial Pearl paint, 5000 lb towing capacity.

The overall styling is a little dated. The front could look a little nicer. A little more room in the back seat. Stereo sound is decent but not quite good enough (but then again I'm quite into music). Could use better speakers.