2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Great Car if you are under 6' tall
By sharkie on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We haven't quite had it a month yet, but we love it. One thing, well maybe two. I am 6'3" tall and weigh over 250 (Relatively muscular 250) and it is a snug fit. My legs are pretty cramped and there is not a lot of room on the sides. I know it is one of the stronger V6 motors for this size vehicle, but the mileage is pretty week. I have a big V8 Chevy truck and it gets just a few miles less per gallon.

Great Buy!
By Abbiz on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WHAT A GREAT BUY! WE HAD TEST DRIVEN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IN ITS CLASS, AND STILL KEPT COMING BACK TO THE NISSAN! BEST BUY, GREAT INCENTIVES, LOTS OF EXTRA GOODIES!

Just bought it
By bfallingstar on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The interior options sold us. Excellent sound system and leather interior. Very well thought out displays. Very powerful 6 cylinder engine. Larger body than I expected, but still manageable. Not much price negotiation, (I guess it's popular enough that the dealer doesn't have to negotiate much.)

Best in its CLASS
By bhaveshandsonal on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best SUV I test drove and bought. I tried various others like the rip off 4Runner - which has no power and the Grand Cherokee had no power either plus a bad consumer reliability report. The Pathfinder is awesome with a lot of power and great style plus a lot of fun to drive!!!

Very Much A Mixed Bag
By bfife on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my LE in Jan.02. Looks great,well thought out interior features,great engine,nice Bose stereo, but it rides like a buckboard, has pitiful headroom, and has garnered nothing but complaints from my family about backseat room, comfort, and ease of ingress/egress.Took it in because "service engine soon"light was on. Now after my 5th trip back to the dealer, it's finally fixed.

The Best SUV u can get
By Phill on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2002 Pathfinder SE 2wd, Bronzed Grey. The ride is spectacular. I've test drove other suv's. I.e. Rodeo, 30 less hp. Truck like ride. 4runner, same thing, overpriced, slow 183hp engine. Highlander, Waaayyy too expensive, and only 220hp, FWD. I love everything about this car.

Best SUV
By danp on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best SUV for the money. I had a number of GM SUVs and the Nissan quality is superior. Great power, quiet, and stylish. Only real drawback is the gas mileage. The resale value is also outstanding compared to any American SUV. For a few thousand more, get the LE - the added features are well worth it. I'm sold on Nissans.

I love it
By JACKNIC on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice SUV with car like ride, comfort and handling. I don't regret buying this vechile.

Fun Utility
By vroooooooom on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very powerful engine. Decent handling vehicle, excellent for an SUV. Lots of fun to drive. It seems smaller than I expected inside, but we traded in a minivan. Rear suspension was a little soft for towing 4500 lbs. But the engine is mighty and the brakes are good. Stock suspension is very car-like when not towing. I installed some air-lift suspension helpers and all is good.

The 2 G's, Good Looking&Gas Guzzler
By Joel2002 on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Folks, this vehicle is everything everyone claims it to be, no wonder its the Editors choice. I test drove several of its competitors and for my money this is your best midsize SUV on the market today. In fact, my wife loves this vehicle so much she won't drive her car SO now I'm going to have to buy another one for me. Give this one a look!!!