Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

3 years and 60,000 miles later
By 6th SUV

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very good vehicle for us. Runs rings around the 99 Grand Cherokee we had before this Pathfinder. However in my 40 years of driving I have never had an exhaust manifold break. Not one but both broke on this SUV at 50,000 miles and the dealer wants $1200.00 to replace them. I feel this is not a normal situation and should have been replaced under the drivetrain warrenty. Besides this issue this has been a very reliable SUV, we travel with it alot and I have confidence where ever I go with it.

Favorite Features

Dependable. Excellent fit and finish. Very good power. Good road feel now that the original tires have been replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Hey Nissan...replace the exhaust manifolds. They should last forever like on any other vihicle. The original Bridgestone tires were out and out dangerous after 20,000 miles.

Has been a good SUV
By rotti92201

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Enjoyed leasing this SUV... Gets smaller as the family grows!!!!!! Very dependable SUV, never had a problem.

Favorite Features

Radio & Sunroof, heated seats, hand controls

Suggested Improvements

Wider front seats... Full rear doors for passengers

Overpriced, but good SUV
By Sean

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My friends have a Pathfinder and I still wonder why they paid what they did for it considering the other options out there at the same price at the time. This is a nice SUV, don't get me wrong, but the interior is not spacious, especially the back seat... I sat in a Hyundai Tuscon once and the rear seat was roomier. I know Nissan has since redesigned the Pathfinder, so these issues are probably moot. The engine is powerful and the cabin controls aren't bad. For the price I would have considered a Durango, Pilot, or Explorer though. And now they're even more money!

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. Spacious storage space.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat!

2002 Nissan SE 4wd
By Yonna92

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my pathfinder! Very fun to drive, reliable and great performance. Only complaints:1.quality of cloth -- not terribly bad but it getting worn fast. Also, the because beige in color, shows stains. Recommend leather or dark cloth. Always replace brakes at the dealer. I made a mistake of getting brakes at one of those discount stores and their brakes do not hold up well

Pathfinder's great except for fuel cost
By Paige Young

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pathfinder is sporty yet classy. It has quick acceleration, is easy to manuever, has great visability, comfort, style, reliability, is not too big, yet can carry a lot of cargo, and is fun to drive. Two cons only: I only get 17 miles per gallon in the city, and the CD player, which has been replaced once by Nissan, is very finicky. Other than that....it is an AWESOME vehicle.

Favorite Features

Alloy wheels, sound system (BOSE), leather seats, sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan admitted that the CD player is faulty. It needs to be replaced with a different brand or model. I will eventually sell it due to the poor fuel economy, which is not what people expect in an SUV. It is just a big deal to me, not to others, I am sure.