2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
SUV satisfaction
By jmkf on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We got the full '4-square' treatment, but still paid close to Edmund's TMV at the time (around 30k). We have had very few problems and mechanically have had to just do the usual oil changes and regular service. My wife is the main driver of this vehicle and she was dead set on getting an SUV. We looked around at a number of them - Jimmy (unsupportive seats and mushy handling), Tahoe (too big), Passport (buzzy interior), Cherokee (this one was used and too old) - and found what we wanted in the Pathfinder.

Total comfort
By Mr. Ron on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV. I never really considered a Pathfinder in the past because I thought of it as an off road vehicle, which I really didn't need. Then I sat in one at the NY Auto show and thought, this is really nice! I bought one and I love it. Though the gas mileage isn't the best, everything else about it outweighs that drawback. It's extremely comfortable, great handling, and has everything I would every need. My local dealer is great also. Very accommodating. So far, I'm very pleased.

Overall Good SUV
By razzz00 on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my initial impression of this vehicle is very good. I looked at the Toyota Highlander and Chevy TrailBlazer. As a past Super Chevy sportster it was hard not to go with the Chevy but the reliability concerned me. The highlander was a minivan dressed to look like a SUV. The Pathfinder was a true truck buy didn't ride or handle like one. I only have two issues at this point. First, there appears to be excessive play in the drive train. Second, the Bose stereo is underpowered and has disappointing sound quality. I am not a radio blaster but you need to hear the radio when your on the road with the windows down. The in dash 6 CD changer is nice.

Excellent Choice
By APMX on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought our Pathfinder in January 02, and have had no problems. Fit and finish top notch. Great stereo. Love those steering wheel controls.

good car!
By vananali on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Exellent SUV choice. Good power, nice, if dated ergonomics, pure exterior design, nice leather. Very quiet interior at highway speeds. Everything about this rig instills quality, solid feel. My only complaint is the numb, no feel steering - my wife's 2001Mazda Tribute, although not nearly as refined-feeling as the Pathfinder, is much more fun to drive. That car has also excellent power (200 hp), which it uses well since the Mazda is substantially lighter. I think they are equal off the line, seat-of- the-pants assesment. Anyway, the Pathfinder is roomier than Toyota 4-Runner and probably the best value for the $$$. Go try one, you will like it.

After One Week In Our New 02 Pathfinder
By ChicagoPathfinder on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After a week with our new Pathfinder LE I must admit that I'm very impressed overall. I also heavily considered the Toyota 4Runner, Infinity QX4 (almost the same vehicle as the Pathfinder), and Lexus RX300. Build quality is excellent. Performance excellent! Price was less than the Lexus and the Toyota. Drives more like a car than a truck. Not the most attractive of the bunch (the 4Runner is better looking). However, the 240 HP engine and towing capacity (tows my 2500 lb boat) put the Pathfinder well over the others. Even without the towing capability I would have chosen it though.

Nice duds
By potter1021 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased an 02 LE. Love it. Had a Honda prior- a lease. DON'T EVER LEASE. I made that mistake 3.5 yrs ago. My Pathfinder has all the perks. Smooth ride. Substantial power when I need it. Averages better gas mileage than advertised, 4-5 miles better. Nissan should revise the mpg to 19/23. Excellent vehicle to start a family with.

Pathfinder Fan
By Joe Lessor on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Only 1000 miles on it so far. Excellent SUV. Very sporty and smooth.

Great SUV...the greatest...
By pathlover on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car-like riding... style...strong engine and great handling...best SUV under $30K ...

Great Buy!
By Abbiz on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WHAT A GREAT BUY! WE HAD TEST DRIVEN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IN ITS CLASS, AND STILL KEPT COMING BACK TO THE NISSAN! BEST BUY, GREAT INCENTIVES, LOTS OF EXTRA GOODIES!