Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

This vehicle is awesome......
By alankc1

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that I love more than this one. It has all the options, other than leather, (but who needs leather, hah) and I've installed a satellite radio system.....For the money, you can't go wrong.

Power sunroof.....CD changer....4 wheel drive.......Roominess.....

The only problem would be gas mileage, but for an SUV it still does very well, especially on long trips.....

No comparison
By Jeff

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's truly no comparison. The build quality is perfect. 100% reliable. Bought the truck used (05) and haven't had any problems ever. Very powerful engine and very smooth on the road. Its like driving a luxury vehicle. Go test drive one to believe.

powerful engine, smooth ride, looks

gas consumption. I hope Nissan improves this on all their cars.

Best suv ever
By Pimp Daddy

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Its a beast on and off the road and its reliable and has great pickup. Roomy! Stylish. I put a cattle grille and rear tail lamp guards on my silver pathfinder so it looks more rugged.

Its horsepower and its styling.

NONE!

Great SUV
By A Fox

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this 2 years. The main pro's are the excellent comfort, handling and reliability. It handles like a car, or the 4-runner. Checked out the Explorer, and this feels a lot safer cornering. Looks are very good, the Bose Sound system is excellent and it never has any issues. Mileage is average at 17 MPG for me. It has plenty power for overtaking, and is always just big enough to fit bikes, and camping gear or furniture. Overall - My only complaint is the gas mileage, which has improved on the newer model. This is a great SUV, and a lot better value than the 4-runner which enjoys somewhat of a cult status. Well worth the money.

Looks, reliability, fantastic handling, comfort, sound system, interior design.

Gas Mileage, wheels on SE look cheap, LE rims are much nicer.

Path a perfect pick!
By Dame

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Last year, my wife and I traded our sorry Ford Focus for a 2002 Pathfinder, and I must say, they step up has been huge! I've always wanted a truck, but needed one now because of the birth of our second child. The truck has proved to be extremely reliable, handling last winter's snow storm with no drama. It's also decent on the open road. We go back and forth between PA and NY, and the car handles I-95 wonderfully, as it does Canal Street traffic. Anyone who knows Canal Street knows that it can be unbearable on an engine during a hot summer day, idling while trying to get through the tunnel. The interior is also decent, with full power and access. It was a solid purchase!

All leather interior, sun roof, power everything. Better than average Bose sound system. Power when I need it and extremelt versatile.

Gulps gas. Strange, faint buzzing sound during acceleration. It's an odd sound, one that doesn't annoy me too much, but annoys me enough to have it checked out this week.