2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
One of the Best SUV's there is
By PATHFINDER RULES on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

i went car shopping and i new i wanted a suv but did not know what kind. i looked at the 2002 Honda cr-v. bad move the cr-v is cheep looking. it should be called a car not suv what a joke. i looked at the pathfinder and it is the best suv in the snow,rain,sun. i will always get a NISSAN PATHFINDER

the ultimate mid-size suv
By sharkbait on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

apart from the crappy oem tires, this beats the pants off of the gr. cherokee i had before this. comfort, power, great fit and finish, and nissan quality. handles like my old accord, but just as capable as my jeep off- road. i test drove them all - 4runner, gr. cherokee, land rover. studied all of the reviews. edmunds was dead-on: this is a great vehicle.

Luxury, Style, and Reliability
By seb93760 on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD and it is every bit as reliable as my previous model (99 LE 4WD) but with more power. The Pathfinder has all of the luxury items of many other expensive SUV's at a much better price tag. We have not had any malfunctions with the vehicle and the only maintenance that we have had is scheduled. This is identical to our last Pathfinder. If you want an SUV that looks like an SUV (not like many of these new ones that look like mini- vans) but also rides like a car, the Nissan Pathfinder is an excellent choice.

Like my PF LE but...
By Kinta on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the size of the PF as it's l&w are comparable to most midsize cars. Acceleration is good. Steering is secure. Handling great with the AUTO feature. Fun to fishtail in RWD mode. The interior is better than other non- luxury SUVs. It gets bouncy. Some squeaks and rattles, but most fixed. Nissan Customer service is poor. Consider a 1 year old Infiniti, especially in LA, where name plates count. Also the warranty is 1 year longer and the service is excellent

Love my PATHY
By PATHY on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Went with the Pathfinder for numerous reasons. Specifically- the reliability, resale value, looks, features, price and safety rating. Trailblazer-- yeah more power, but cheaply made-- Forerunner- yeah higher ground clearance, but overpriced and everyone has one. Price --got a Loaded LE with a few extra options for 31,9- thanks to edmonds online dealer invoicing. SAfety -- got numerous high ratings in many areas Resale value-- Have you looked in the paper for used Pathfinders? Very few and far between- b/c their owners love them so much.

Great SUV
By johnmorfd on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle on the first of February in 2002. I have found the SUV to be quite powerful on acceleration. The suspension is very tight with no road rattles or squeaks to be heard. Of course there is a small amount of road noise due to the 17 inch agressive tires. I found the exterior paint to be flawless. This was not true of the 2 Hondas that I own. The interior was just as nice.

Natedog loves his Pathfinder
By Natron on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first new automobile, and I went with the Pathfinder. I fell in love with it the first time I test drove it. I love everything on it, the interior, the conservative yet classy styling, and most of all the realiability. My dislikes are the pricetag for the LE wich I got, and the brakes seem a little jumpy. I looked at a lot of SUV's, but like I said this one by far was the best. It seemed like the Nissan dealer wouldnt go down much on price as would the Chevy dealer or Ford dealer, I guess the car sells itself.

Great Nissan!
By cecep on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I brought my nissan used with 22000 miles on it and its been trouble free great power averge fuel economy and styish SUV! BUY ONE!!!!!!!

Great Vehicle
By PS766643 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 900 miles on it and now have 11,200 miles. I'm getting 19.6 mpg driving to and from work at 45 mph and 21.7 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. The ride is quiet and smooth on good roads and not bone- jarring on rough roads. The BOSE stereo system is awesome! This was the only SUV available in the LE version without leather seats. Living in a hot climate where we wear shorts a lot, I didn't want leather, but wanted the other ammenities. The vehicle could easily tow more than the rated 5,000 pounds, Nissan needs to rate it for what is is capable of doing.

Not a bad SUV
By JFLJ on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is solid all-around with no surprises good or bad. The engine is strong with good passing power and the handling is very good for an SUV. The battery and the wind deflector did need to be changed. No other problems so far.