Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great SUV
By A Fox

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this 2 years. The main pro's are the excellent comfort, handling and reliability. It handles like a car, or the 4-runner. Checked out the Explorer, and this feels a lot safer cornering. Looks are very good, the Bose Sound system is excellent and it never has any issues. Mileage is average at 17 MPG for me. It has plenty power for overtaking, and is always just big enough to fit bikes, and camping gear or furniture. Overall - My only complaint is the gas mileage, which has improved on the newer model. This is a great SUV, and a lot better value than the 4-runner which enjoys somewhat of a cult status. Well worth the money.

Looks, reliability, fantastic handling, comfort, sound system, interior design.

Gas Mileage, wheels on SE look cheap, LE rims are much nicer.

Path a perfect pick!
By Dame

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Last year, my wife and I traded our sorry Ford Focus for a 2002 Pathfinder, and I must say, they step up has been huge! I've always wanted a truck, but needed one now because of the birth of our second child. The truck has proved to be extremely reliable, handling last winter's snow storm with no drama. It's also decent on the open road. We go back and forth between PA and NY, and the car handles I-95 wonderfully, as it does Canal Street traffic. Anyone who knows Canal Street knows that it can be unbearable on an engine during a hot summer day, idling while trying to get through the tunnel. The interior is also decent, with full power and access. It was a solid purchase!

All leather interior, sun roof, power everything. Better than average Bose sound system. Power when I need it and extremelt versatile.

Gulps gas. Strange, faint buzzing sound during acceleration. It's an odd sound, one that doesn't annoy me too much, but annoys me enough to have it checked out this week.

Good SUV, Bad Gas Mileage
By James Darmawan

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchase this car. I was crazy about the car aloaded with everything and the prices i got $19,000 with only 28 k on it. The only bad thing about this car, it drinks lots of gas. I know the newer nissans consume less gas.

all of it, love my car.

GAS mileage.

One great SUV
By navygz19

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this Pathy 2 months ago with 47K on the ticker. This is my second 4x4 Nissan (first was a D21 Hardbody) and by far the best. This truck is solid, reliable and MORE than capable off road. The 4WD system/limited slip work perfectly together. On road the truck is sturdy, easy and very fun to drive. Interior space is wonderful; having the fold-flat rear seats is a great feature as well. Overall, an EXCELLENT value and even better truck!

One-touch power windows/climate control/sunroof, overhead compass/temp. display, off road ability, horsepower.

Not a fan of the stock tires (Bridgestone Dueller H/T) Fuel economy is pretty abysmal in town (but I've achieved 22 m.p.g. on the highway)

Still Like It
By TX Driver

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got my Pathfinder brand new and drive it 30 miles every day to and from work. My husband and I also wind up driving it on the weekends instead of his 2003 Chevrolet Pickup. We call it the "grocery wagon" because it's so easy to access the back to put in shopping bags. It seems like it can haul just about as much as a full-sized pickup when we fold the seats down. It's sturdy, airtight, and has plenty of pickup on the road. I was looking for another SUV, but the new ones don't have much more to offer than my 2002 model.

The dash controls and lights, the audio access on the steering wheel, the "jeep- like" climbing ability, the sun roof, the cargo area and access, the paint job (Pearl White), the seats are high up like a truck, fun to drive.

The cheesy letters on the luggage rack were peeling when we bought it, but I just finished peeling them off (didn't like them anyway). The all plastic interior is OK, but looks kind of cheap for a $31,000 SUV. My A/C fan has been making a noise like it's going out. No major complaints.