Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good SUV
By Lucas

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought The Pathfinder because it was praised on here, and I'm glad I did. It drives well, runs quiet, and hasn't given me major problems yet. I bought mine with 134,000 miles on it, but they are mostly highway miles. She gets around 15-16 MPG, but I'm trying to get her to around 20 or so. Probably going to add a K&N cold air intake soon. Changing your own oil can be kinda a drag too, being that the oil filter is underneath the semi-skid plate.

Powerful engine, comfortable on long trips, stereo is nice.

Nissan has O2 sensor issues, but I'm sure they fixed them by now. Steering wheel sometimes comes off in my hand, leaving a gooey gunk on my hands.

Great rig
By PathyGuy

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this new and thought it was fine. After 6 years of only doing minimal maintenance, this thing rocks. With limited slip diff and old fashioned 4x4 (which I prefer), this thing can plow thru any snow and even does better than most others trucks/SUVs in icy conditions. Just get some good aggressive tires for offroading or deep snow.

Old school 4x4 gives great traction in bad snow.

The CD player is the worst! It skips like crazy. Also needs more suspension travel length in rear. It hits the stops to soon.

Great SUV
By Great SUV

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have taken this car to sand/dirt roads were there was many pot holes, ruts, and 1-2 ft tall long bumps and it handles very well when rallying! In the rain it handles great with good tires. Handles well at 108 mph. I strongly recommend this SUV. Now for gas mileage I get about 16-18 mpg. Fun car to drive especially on long drives. If you by this car don't be afraid to give it gas!!!

Love the power especially when doing a U turn at full throttle. Going fast around corners. The interior.

The stereo tweeters hardly work. Minimal electrical wiring such as the driver side electric seat, the speedometer also hardly work. The sunroof jammed.

Sweet Ride!
By gilmore

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this pathfinder for my wife. She had never seen it or driven it. I fell in love with it when I took for a test drive. So she trusted me and now I'll never get to drive it again! She loves it. It's powerful, comfortable, stable. It's very luxurious inside and looks tuff on the outside. The front seats are very soft and comfortable. Great driver comfort when it comes to radio controls on the steering wheel and everything is easy to reach on the dash. Love the Bose stereo and the sun roof. Very good buy for the money.

Power, 4WD, sun roof, interior and exterior styling, fun to drive.

Fuel economy, 02 sensor issues. Tow package.

Love my Pathfinder
By AMC

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well on-road and off. Wide profile not the best in snow, but decent with good tires. Very comfortable, and most importantly, eminently reliable in over 85,000 miles. Of course, gas mileage is pretty poor, but I think I will keep it as a second car for camping, trips, etc., even when I look into a more economical daily driver.

4x4 system, ergonomics are very car-like, and drives sufficiently car-like for easy long trips.

Fix rear bump-stops to ease the ride for rear passengers, a higher gear in overdrive would have helped fuel economy on the highway considerably.