2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Awesome SUV
By Chase on 03/31/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great SUV, if you're buying an SUV expect to get and pay for the gas mileage of an SUV (17 mpg avg). Rides smooth, excellent steering, most comfortable seats front and rear, good utility, 4 wheel drive can plow through anything, gusto V6, Bose sound system is tuned perfectly- sound is great, soft touch plastics, great safe SUV. I have experienced a couple rattles up on the dash but very minor, 02 sensors went out at 75000 ($400), and the muffler (catback, everything) replaced at 65000 miles because it failed on me ($500). otherwise, great vehicle - look into it.

This vehicle is awesome......
By alankc1 on 03/15/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that I love more than this one. It has all the options, other than leather, (but who needs leather, hah) and I've installed a satellite radio system.....For the money, you can't go wrong.

No comparison
By Jeff on 12/11/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's truly no comparison. The build quality is perfect. 100% reliable. Bought the truck used (05) and haven't had any problems ever. Very powerful engine and very smooth on the road. Its like driving a luxury vehicle. Go test drive one to believe.

Best suv ever
By Pimp Daddy on 11/13/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Its a beast on and off the road and its reliable and has great pickup. Roomy! Stylish. I put a cattle grille and rear tail lamp guards on my silver pathfinder so it looks more rugged.

Great SUV
By A Fox on 07/07/06 23:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this 2 years. The main pro's are the excellent comfort, handling and reliability. It handles like a car, or the 4-runner. Checked out the Explorer, and this feels a lot safer cornering. Looks are very good, the Bose Sound system is excellent and it never has any issues. Mileage is average at 17 MPG for me. It has plenty power for overtaking, and is always just big enough to fit bikes, and camping gear or furniture. Overall - My only complaint is the gas mileage, which has improved on the newer model. This is a great SUV, and a lot better value than the 4-runner which enjoys somewhat of a cult status. Well worth the money.

Path a perfect pick!
By Dame on 05/10/06 20:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Last year, my wife and I traded our sorry Ford Focus for a 2002 Pathfinder, and I must say, they step up has been huge! I've always wanted a truck, but needed one now because of the birth of our second child. The truck has proved to be extremely reliable, handling last winter's snow storm with no drama. It's also decent on the open road. We go back and forth between PA and NY, and the car handles I-95 wonderfully, as it does Canal Street traffic. Anyone who knows Canal Street knows that it can be unbearable on an engine during a hot summer day, idling while trying to get through the tunnel. The interior is also decent, with full power and access. It was a solid purchase!

Good SUV, Bad Gas Mileage
By James Darmawan on 03/20/06 12:19 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchase this car. I was crazy about the car aloaded with everything and the prices i got $19,000 with only 28 k on it. The only bad thing about this car, it drinks lots of gas. I know the newer nissans consume less gas.

One great SUV
By navygz19 on 03/14/06 04:40 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this Pathy 2 months ago with 47K on the ticker. This is my second 4x4 Nissan (first was a D21 Hardbody) and by far the best. This truck is solid, reliable and MORE than capable off road. The 4WD system/limited slip work perfectly together. On road the truck is sturdy, easy and very fun to drive. Interior space is wonderful; having the fold-flat rear seats is a great feature as well. Overall, an EXCELLENT value and even better truck!

Still Like It
By TX Driver on 02/15/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got my Pathfinder brand new and drive it 30 miles every day to and from work. My husband and I also wind up driving it on the weekends instead of his 2003 Chevrolet Pickup. We call it the "grocery wagon" because it's so easy to access the back to put in shopping bags. It seems like it can haul just about as much as a full-sized pickup when we fold the seats down. It's sturdy, airtight, and has plenty of pickup on the road. I was looking for another SUV, but the new ones don't have much more to offer than my 2002 model.

Good Pathfinder
By R Cross on 02/10/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Very good stylish vehicle which has ample storage or travelling space. Rides extremely well and handles well in snow or other wet conditions. We have 2 dogs who enjoy travelling between Rhode Island and Pennsylvania where we use the SUV to go to football games and tailgate with friends and family.