Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Rugged Sport SUV
By Ryan

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Owned Pathfinder for 1.5 years. Been 100% reliable, just regular maintenance. Gas mileage kinda stinks but you know before you purchase. Engine has loads of speed and torque. Truck has 58k on an 02 model, hopefully last and last... would recommend to a friend , in fact i have he bought a 2008 black se beautiful upgrades!!

Power, Reliability, Cargo, Exterior, Options, Thing flies for a SUV! It's the Maxima Motor stuffed into a heavy suv.

Bose 6 disc cd player is horrific!! what a piece! i love the steering wheels radio controls,but cd's skip all the time, can't live with it! Gas mileage, spare tire location, should be on back of trunk door

7 years and still going
By mikeh

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in 02. Have had to put very little money in it even with 125000+ miles. Drove it like I stole it in NC Beaches, Western MD Snow, and torrential downpouring T storms. This thing can handle the abuse. Well worth the money and can't see trading it in anytime soon. CD Changer is temperamental, has some CDs hostage now, but overall I can't complain.

awesome 4wd for sand, ruts, snow, etc. Fold flat seats.

none. This was the best thing out there in 2002. If they brought this model back, I would buy it again today. Hands down better than any newer real SUV my friends have now.

I love IT
By Gina Krueger

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan a few month ago and I would have to say there is nothing about that disappoints me. I live in Great Falls Montana. It has been below zero temperatures. There is not a block heater on my Nissan and yet it has started every time.

Heated leather seats, sun roof.

Good SUV
By Lucas

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought The Pathfinder because it was praised on here, and I'm glad I did. It drives well, runs quiet, and hasn't given me major problems yet. I bought mine with 134,000 miles on it, but they are mostly highway miles. She gets around 15-16 MPG, but I'm trying to get her to around 20 or so. Probably going to add a K&N cold air intake soon. Changing your own oil can be kinda a drag too, being that the oil filter is underneath the semi-skid plate.

Powerful engine, comfortable on long trips, stereo is nice.

Nissan has O2 sensor issues, but I'm sure they fixed them by now. Steering wheel sometimes comes off in my hand, leaving a gooey gunk on my hands.

Great rig
By PathyGuy

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this new and thought it was fine. After 6 years of only doing minimal maintenance, this thing rocks. With limited slip diff and old fashioned 4x4 (which I prefer), this thing can plow thru any snow and even does better than most others trucks/SUVs in icy conditions. Just get some good aggressive tires for offroading or deep snow.

Old school 4x4 gives great traction in bad snow.

The CD player is the worst! It skips like crazy. Also needs more suspension travel length in rear. It hits the stops to soon.