2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Sweet Ride!
By gilmore on 08/28/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this pathfinder for my wife. She had never seen it or driven it. I fell in love with it when I took for a test drive. So she trusted me and now I'll never get to drive it again! She loves it. It's powerful, comfortable, stable. It's very luxurious inside and looks tuff on the outside. The front seats are very soft and comfortable. Great driver comfort when it comes to radio controls on the steering wheel and everything is easy to reach on the dash. Love the Bose stereo and the sun roof. Very good buy for the money.

Love my Pathfinder
By AMC on 06/19/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well on-road and off. Wide profile not the best in snow, but decent with good tires. Very comfortable, and most importantly, eminently reliable in over 85,000 miles. Of course, gas mileage is pretty poor, but I think I will keep it as a second car for camping, trips, etc., even when I look into a more economical daily driver.

Solid Truck for the Money
By Jmac on 05/23/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 6/04 with 20K for half of original sticker. Fully loaded with every option besides navigation. Have been pleased with the overall performance, very reliable. Gas mileage is terrible like most SUVs. Styling is great, fit and finish has held up nicely. Back seat is not the best for entry or overall room. Some scratches on fender flares from automatic car wash. Only issues: drivers power seat broke around 40K, they wanted $600 for repair. 2 oxygen sensors replaced and tailpipe joint cracked. Had sleeved at meineke for $25. Original bridgestones wear quickly, replaced with Pirelli scorpions.

Best Midsize SUV
By a32 on 05/23/08 00:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. It handles great on the road, as nimble and stable as it gets for an SUV. Great power, gets off the line very nicely. Very fun to drive. Trade-off for the stability and agility is a harsh ride (especially for backseat riders). Bumps are very hard and abrupt with 5 ppl. Even though it's a 2WD I have taken it offroad and it has handled everything I've thrown at it. Average 16-17 mpg mixed (majority city). Zero problems.

Absolutely the best vehicle ever!
By Ed on 03/16/08 15:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Pathy in Oct. of 05, mainly to use as a tow vehicle for my trailer. Was not looking for 4wd, but it was an awesome deal. Quickly learned why it is so popular off road, and on road. It handles like a dream in both enviroments; will corner with the best on the street, and will climb a tree in 4wd low. It is only an occasional use vehicle (only 7k miles in the 2.5 years I have owned it), but have had 0 problems. I have taken this truck into places I wouldn't take a mule, tore off the stock plastic skidplate and scarred both side steps severely (earning a loud groan from the ATV riders following me). It is an absolute beast, and looks fantastic to boot!

I had to replace it!
By Mark on 01/25/08 13:57 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a early 1999 Pathfinder LE in 2002. It was my first SUV and I loved it! I had an issue with head gaskets that cost me a bit but well worth it. In December '07 my wife and 10 month old son were rear-ended and the truck was flipped onto its roof. Amazingly the only injury was a scratch on my wife's head. For that reason alone I had to replace it with another Pathfinder ASAP. Just bought a 2002 SE and can't wait to get behind the wheel again. I got a great price but the Bose radios 6 disc changer doesn't work. I would recommend a Pathfinder to anyone looking for an SUV!

Is an OK SUV, will not buy again.
By Mike on 11/01/07 07:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV looks good on the outside, the inside like it's build cheap. Muffler or resonator needed work after 4 years at a cost of $850, which was ridiculous. Mileage is very lousy at 16 mpg city, 17.5 highway. I will definitely not buy again!

Awesome SUV
By Chase on 03/31/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great SUV, if you're buying an SUV expect to get and pay for the gas mileage of an SUV (17 mpg avg). Rides smooth, excellent steering, most comfortable seats front and rear, good utility, 4 wheel drive can plow through anything, gusto V6, Bose sound system is tuned perfectly- sound is great, soft touch plastics, great safe SUV. I have experienced a couple rattles up on the dash but very minor, 02 sensors went out at 75000 ($400), and the muffler (catback, everything) replaced at 65000 miles because it failed on me ($500). otherwise, great vehicle - look into it.

This vehicle is awesome......
By alankc1 on 03/15/07 15:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that I love more than this one. It has all the options, other than leather, (but who needs leather, hah) and I've installed a satellite radio system.....For the money, you can't go wrong.

No comparison
By Jeff on 12/11/06 13:16 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's truly no comparison. The build quality is perfect. 100% reliable. Bought the truck used (05) and haven't had any problems ever. Very powerful engine and very smooth on the road. Its like driving a luxury vehicle. Go test drive one to believe.