Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

After One Week In Our New 02 Pathfinder
By ChicagoPathfinder

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After a week with our new Pathfinder LE I must admit that I'm very impressed overall. I also heavily considered the Toyota 4Runner, Infinity QX4 (almost the same vehicle as the Pathfinder), and Lexus RX300. Build quality is excellent. Performance excellent! Price was less than the Lexus and the Toyota. Drives more like a car than a truck. Not the most attractive of the bunch (the 4Runner is better looking). However, the 240 HP engine and towing capacity (tows my 2500 lb boat) put the Pathfinder well over the others. Even without the towing capability I would have chosen it though.

240 HP engine, excellent ride, high quality interior, DVD Entertainment System, Glacial Pearl paint, 5000 lb towing capacity.

The overall styling is a little dated. The front could look a little nicer. A little more room in the back seat. Stereo sound is decent but not quite good enough (but then again I'm quite into music). Could use better speakers.

Pathfinder Fan
By Joe Lessor

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Only 1000 miles on it so far. Excellent SUV. Very sporty and smooth.

Engine is to die for.

I love it as is.

Great Car if you are under 6' tall
By sharkie

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We haven't quite had it a month yet, but we love it. One thing, well maybe two. I am 6'3" tall and weigh over 250 (Relatively muscular 250) and it is a snug fit. My legs are pretty cramped and there is not a lot of room on the sides. I know it is one of the stronger V6 motors for this size vehicle, but the mileage is pretty week. I have a big V8 Chevy truck and it gets just a few miles less per gallon.

The LE interior is very pleasing to the eye and is a great design for someone under 6'3" which is great for my wife, tougher for me.

Clearly better gas mileage and more leg room for taller people. Not ll tall people want to buy a full size SUV.

Great Buy!
By Abbiz

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WHAT A GREAT BUY! WE HAD TEST DRIVEN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IN ITS CLASS, AND STILL KEPT COMING BACK TO THE NISSAN! BEST BUY, GREAT INCENTIVES, LOTS OF EXTRA GOODIES!

MOONROOF AND LOTS OF CARGO SPACE!

NONE

Great SUV...the greatest...
By pathlover

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car-like riding... style...strong engine and great handling...best SUV under $30K ...

Engine...style...Bose sound...