Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Natedog loves his Pathfinder
By Natron

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first new automobile, and I went with the Pathfinder. I fell in love with it the first time I test drove it. I love everything on it, the interior, the conservative yet classy styling, and most of all the realiability. My dislikes are the pricetag for the LE wich I got, and the brakes seem a little jumpy. I looked at a lot of SUV's, but like I said this one by far was the best. It seemed like the Nissan dealer wouldnt go down much on price as would the Chevy dealer or Ford dealer, I guess the car sells itself.

pretty much everything

fuel economy, and my brakes are started to get a little jumpy.

Great Nissan!
By cecep

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I brought my nissan used with 22000 miles on it and its been trouble free great power averge fuel economy and styish SUV! BUY ONE!!!!!!!

3.5L DOHC 240hp V6, Sunroof, suede seats

Cheaper price, more rear leg room, fuel enomonmy

Great Vehicle
By PS766643

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 900 miles on it and now have 11,200 miles. I'm getting 19.6 mpg driving to and from work at 45 mph and 21.7 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. The ride is quiet and smooth on good roads and not bone- jarring on rough roads. The BOSE stereo system is awesome! This was the only SUV available in the LE version without leather seats. Living in a hot climate where we wear shorts a lot, I didn't want leather, but wanted the other ammenities. The vehicle could easily tow more than the rated 5,000 pounds, Nissan needs to rate it for what is is capable of doing.

BOSE Stereo system, gas mileage, climate control system, interior and exterior appearance, and ride.

Sun visor is too short horizontally, when moved to cover side window. Don't tie safety features like side curtain airbags and limited slip differential to leather seating. Wide side posts between front and rear doors limits visibility at non-90 degree intersections.

Not a bad SUV
By JFLJ

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is solid all-around with no surprises good or bad. The engine is strong with good passing power and the handling is very good for an SUV. The battery and the wind deflector did need to be changed. No other problems so far.

Engine, handling, cargo room/ease of use.

Better stereo. The upgraded bose system sounds muffled and doesn't have the quality I expected. Outside noise comes into the passenger area. Better gas mileage.

This truck ROCKS
By Rob in MD

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had mine since January. I love it and it drives like a sports car. I only have 3 minor and 1 major complaints. I've had 50W stereos that sound better than the 500W Bose. There just doesn't seem like there is that much "elbow room" for the driver. The back cupholder needs to be moved forward (if you put a tall cup in there it will not sit straight due to the elbow rest). But the worst is the cheesy lettering on the luggage rack. These plastic letters started coming off immediately after I bought it.

Engine by far

Stereo, cupholder, better quality letter on luggage rack.

• SUV