Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good SUV
By Lucas

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought The Pathfinder because it was praised on here, and I'm glad I did. It drives well, runs quiet, and hasn't given me major problems yet. I bought mine with 134,000 miles on it, but they are mostly highway miles. She gets around 15-16 MPG, but I'm trying to get her to around 20 or so. Probably going to add a K&N cold air intake soon. Changing your own oil can be kinda a drag too, being that the oil filter is underneath the semi-skid plate.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, comfortable on long trips, stereo is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan has O2 sensor issues, but I'm sure they fixed them by now. Steering wheel sometimes comes off in my hand, leaving a gooey gunk on my hands.

Best Midsize SUV
By a32

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. It handles great on the road, as nimble and stable as it gets for an SUV. Great power, gets off the line very nicely. Very fun to drive. Trade-off for the stability and agility is a harsh ride (especially for backseat riders). Bumps are very hard and abrupt with 5 ppl. Even though it's a 2WD I have taken it offroad and it has handled everything I've thrown at it. Average 16-17 mpg mixed (majority city). Zero problems.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, quality and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother ride (may have been fixed with newer generation), better fuel economy.

Is an OK SUV, will not buy again.
By Mike

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV looks good on the outside, the inside like it's build cheap. Muffler or resonator needed work after 4 years at a cost of $850, which was ridiculous. Mileage is very lousy at 16 mpg city, 17.5 highway. I will definitely not buy again!

the best Pathfinder ever
By JerryBaito

What can I say, the best Pathfinder ever made by Nissan, shift-

Favorite Features

drive train, powerful superbly enhanced since its inception in 1995. A/C is always the best strong ones.

Suggested Improvements

gas consumption is a factor improve it. Stereo must be surround. Power Rear window must be enhance. If the 4Runner has it on the rear, and the Caravan has it on the sides, why not the Pathfinder shld have the 3 of them.

Gasline
By By2

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Engine performance and quality comfort ride. Good edition spare tires located underneath provides good handling, powerful efficient torque. Smooth ride and easy to handle, whether off and on the road. A fighter for the Japanese engine makers with sytlish audio of the American fervor. A better tandem deal with the 4 Runners.

Favorite Features

Comfortability and Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Michelin(17"tires), Stereo must be more surround sound from Bose, power rear glass like the 4Runners could bring the best for the Pathfinder.