2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
I love IT
By Gina Krueger on 01/15/09 08:16 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan a few month ago and I would have to say there is nothing about that disappoints me. I live in Great Falls Montana. It has been below zero temperatures. There is not a block heater on my Nissan and yet it has started every time.

Has been as advertised
By readycash on 12/10/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '02 Pathfinder LE w/36k miles a year ago. Traded a BMW 3 series because we needed something a little bigger. Did not want another "new" car note so pursued '02 and '03 Pathfinder, QX4, or 4-Runner. Narrowed to these 3 after reading multiple reviews on this site. I now have 53K on it and knock on wood have had no issues. Pathfinder has great pickup for an SUV and is easy to drive in town and comfortable on the highway. At 1/2 the cost of a new one I have been very pleased with this vehicle and would recommend it.

3 years and 60,000 miles later
By 6th SUV on 05/25/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very good vehicle for us. Runs rings around the 99 Grand Cherokee we had before this Pathfinder. However in my 40 years of driving I have never had an exhaust manifold break. Not one but both broke on this SUV at 50,000 miles and the dealer wants $1200.00 to replace them. I feel this is not a normal situation and should have been replaced under the drivetrain warrenty. Besides this issue this has been a very reliable SUV, we travel with it alot and I have confidence where ever I go with it.

Pathfinder's great except for fuel cost
By Paige Young on 01/01/05 10:55 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Pathfinder is sporty yet classy. It has quick acceleration, is easy to manuever, has great visability, comfort, style, reliability, is not too big, yet can carry a lot of cargo, and is fun to drive. Two cons only: I only get 17 miles per gallon in the city, and the CD player, which has been replaced once by Nissan, is very finicky. Other than that....it is an AWESOME vehicle.

It's an "OK" SUV
By Piggy on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle used. The cd player stopped working after 6 mos. The dealer wants to charge $500 for a new player. The drive is smooth, only on a smooth road; otherwise, when we hit a bump it feels like i'm about to be thrown out of the vehicle. Passenger leg-room is limited. Very convient to have the radio controls on the steering wheel, b'cuz the radio is hard to reach while driving. Good cargo space when the seats are folded down. The SUV is very durable, and stylish.

Pathfinders for life
By BossMan on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first SUV experience has been a excellent one thanks to my Pathfinder. Good feel and feedback on the road as long as tires are properly balanced. Great cabin appointments including leather. Front seat could be a tad larger for my liking. No problems with rear seat fold down as suggested by Edmunds; and rear seat has ample room. Love the Bose stereo too. Rear springs could be a little stiffer for carrying loads.

Great Vehicle
By PS766643 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with 900 miles on it and now have 11,200 miles. I'm getting 19.6 mpg driving to and from work at 45 mph and 21.7 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. The ride is quiet and smooth on good roads and not bone- jarring on rough roads. The BOSE stereo system is awesome! This was the only SUV available in the LE version without leather seats. Living in a hot climate where we wear shorts a lot, I didn't want leather, but wanted the other ammenities. The vehicle could easily tow more than the rated 5,000 pounds, Nissan needs to rate it for what is is capable of doing.

SUV satisfaction
By jmkf on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We got the full '4-square' treatment, but still paid close to Edmund's TMV at the time (around 30k). We have had very few problems and mechanically have had to just do the usual oil changes and regular service. My wife is the main driver of this vehicle and she was dead set on getting an SUV. We looked around at a number of them - Jimmy (unsupportive seats and mushy handling), Tahoe (too big), Passport (buzzy interior), Cherokee (this one was used and too old) - and found what we wanted in the Pathfinder.

Nice duds
By potter1021 on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased an 02 LE. Love it. Had a Honda prior- a lease. DON'T EVER LEASE. I made that mistake 3.5 yrs ago. My Pathfinder has all the perks. Smooth ride. Substantial power when I need it. Averages better gas mileage than advertised, 4-5 miles better. Nissan should revise the mpg to 19/23. Excellent vehicle to start a family with.

Pathfinder Fan
By Joe Lessor on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Only 1000 miles on it so far. Excellent SUV. Very sporty and smooth.