Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Still going
By jma10

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I inherited this car from my parents. My dad used to drive for a living and I received it with over 200K miles. I just hit 303K and still going strong. I love this car and the only problem I'm having is finding something equivalent to upgrade it. The newer pathfinders are completely redesigned with a third row seat that I am not thrilled about. I love my cargo space and moving 4-5 time in college, I could fold down my seats and fit just about anything including large furniture. Of course I didn't maintain my car as properly as I should have being a young adult but my check engine light stays on.

Favorite Features

My cargo area is great. Bring back two row seating! My parents actually bought this car with the second row in mind for me as a child and it had more leg room than other options at the time. Overall I love it and it has been so good to me!

Suggested Improvements

My sunroof motor has seemed to died out. My driver side window motor doesnt need replaced, it works great in summer but its slow in the cold.My leather steering wheel and seats got tears in them with relatively little wear. 6disc CD player won't read.

Bulletproof!!!
By jonnom130

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased this vehicle with 220k miles and was skeptical because of the mileage. However, this skepticism was short lived. This truck is solid! There are no fluid leaks, seeping gaskets, or strange noises. It doesn’t smoke, knock, or tick. I am amazed at how well it runs with such high mileage. EVERYTHING works as it should. I have had to make a few minor repairs that are common with high mileage vehicles. I recommend this model year vehicle to anyone looking for reliable transportation. My only complaint is the fuel economy. I have to say it gets terrible gas mileage. Expect about 13 city and no more than 20 on the highway.

I love IT
By Gina Krueger

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan a few month ago and I would have to say there is nothing about that disappoints me. I live in Great Falls Montana. It has been below zero temperatures. There is not a block heater on my Nissan and yet it has started every time.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, sun roof.

Has been as advertised
By readycash

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '02 Pathfinder LE w/36k miles a year ago. Traded a BMW 3 series because we needed something a little bigger. Did not want another "new" car note so pursued '02 and '03 Pathfinder, QX4, or 4-Runner. Narrowed to these 3 after reading multiple reviews on this site. I now have 53K on it and knock on wood have had no issues. Pathfinder has great pickup for an SUV and is easy to drive in town and comfortable on the highway. At 1/2 the cost of a new one I have been very pleased with this vehicle and would recommend it.

Favorite Features

17" wheels, color keyed bumber and fender treatment on LE, comfortable leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

4 wheel disc brakes, power rear window, heated seats, more room in the back seat, available storage under rear cargo area.

3 years and 60,000 miles later
By 6th SUV

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very good vehicle for us. Runs rings around the 99 Grand Cherokee we had before this Pathfinder. However in my 40 years of driving I have never had an exhaust manifold break. Not one but both broke on this SUV at 50,000 miles and the dealer wants $1200.00 to replace them. I feel this is not a normal situation and should have been replaced under the drivetrain warrenty. Besides this issue this has been a very reliable SUV, we travel with it alot and I have confidence where ever I go with it.

Favorite Features

Dependable. Excellent fit and finish. Very good power. Good road feel now that the original tires have been replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Hey Nissan...replace the exhaust manifolds. They should last forever like on any other vihicle. The original Bridgestone tires were out and out dangerous after 20,000 miles.