2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Good SUV
By Lucas on 01/03/09 00:33 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought The Pathfinder because it was praised on here, and I'm glad I did. It drives well, runs quiet, and hasn't given me major problems yet. I bought mine with 134,000 miles on it, but they are mostly highway miles. She gets around 15-16 MPG, but I'm trying to get her to around 20 or so. Probably going to add a K&N cold air intake soon. Changing your own oil can be kinda a drag too, being that the oil filter is underneath the semi-skid plate.

Best Midsize SUV
By a32 on 05/23/08 00:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. It handles great on the road, as nimble and stable as it gets for an SUV. Great power, gets off the line very nicely. Very fun to drive. Trade-off for the stability and agility is a harsh ride (especially for backseat riders). Bumps are very hard and abrupt with 5 ppl. Even though it's a 2WD I have taken it offroad and it has handled everything I've thrown at it. Average 16-17 mpg mixed (majority city). Zero problems.

Is an OK SUV, will not buy again.
By Mike on 11/01/07 07:19 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV looks good on the outside, the inside like it's build cheap. Muffler or resonator needed work after 4 years at a cost of $850, which was ridiculous. Mileage is very lousy at 16 mpg city, 17.5 highway. I will definitely not buy again!

the best Pathfinder ever
By JerryBaito on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

What can I say, the best Pathfinder ever made by Nissan, shift-

Gasline
By By2 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Engine performance and quality comfort ride. Good edition spare tires located underneath provides good handling, powerful efficient torque. Smooth ride and easy to handle, whether off and on the road. A fighter for the Japanese engine makers with sytlish audio of the American fervor. A better tandem deal with the 4 Runners.

Great Suv
By DBoothe on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Pathfinder for just over 2 years now. The only problem I had was an o2 sensor that was replaced at the dealership at no charge. Wish gas milage was better but then again i'm in a SUV. It dependable and it looks good and not everybody is driving around in one. Would recommend it to anyone.

POS Nissan
By crbandrlb on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Edmunds should be ashamed with their recomendation for this poor excuse of an SUV. Tires on mine went bad causing a loud roaring sound but I think something is wrong with the suspension to cause them to go bad. Service Dept won't help at all. It won't carry much of a load without squatting in the rear ,very bad. Engine noise is terible, sounds like its coming though the firewall. I should have gone with Toyota.

Great Buy!
By Abbiz on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

WHAT A GREAT BUY! WE HAD TEST DRIVEN PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IN ITS CLASS, AND STILL KEPT COMING BACK TO THE NISSAN! BEST BUY, GREAT INCENTIVES, LOTS OF EXTRA GOODIES!

The Best SUV u can get
By Phill on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2002 Pathfinder SE 2wd, Bronzed Grey. The ride is spectacular. I've test drove other suv's. I.e. Rodeo, 30 less hp. Truck like ride. 4runner, same thing, overpriced, slow 183hp engine. Highlander, Waaayyy too expensive, and only 220hp, FWD. I love everything about this car.

Fun Utility
By vroooooooom on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very powerful engine. Decent handling vehicle, excellent for an SUV. Lots of fun to drive. It seems smaller than I expected inside, but we traded in a minivan. Rear suspension was a little soft for towing 4500 lbs. But the engine is mighty and the brakes are good. Stock suspension is very car-like when not towing. I installed some air-lift suspension helpers and all is good.