Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

After 100K start looking for something else
By Christine

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Things that go wrong on this vehicle are commonly found: Rear bushings cause vehicle to sway at 55 mph -- very unsafe! Rear hatch and side doors stop opening -- this is not a cheap repair and is a safety hazard if you have people/children in the 2nd row of seats. It has leaked oil since 100K and the MAF sensor has gone out twice. I have had numerous repairs to address both, but the problems come back. The "check engine light" says it is a MAF issue, but even after repair, still stays on. I loved this vehicle for years!! I would have gladly purchased another Nissan, but with the repairs listed above (some of them safety-related) and Nissan not taking any responsibility, I am no longer interested in dealing with them.

Awesome ride!
By Leila Keebler

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The gas mileage isn't the greatest, other than that if you find one for sale you better snag it or I will!! :)

Still going
By jma10

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I inherited this car from my parents. My dad used to drive for a living and I received it with over 200K miles. I just hit 303K and still going strong. I love this car and the only problem I'm having is finding something equivalent to upgrade it. The newer pathfinders are completely redesigned with a third row seat that I am not thrilled about. I love my cargo space and moving 4-5 time in college, I could fold down my seats and fit just about anything including large furniture. Of course I didn't maintain my car as properly as I should have being a young adult but my check engine light stays on.

My cargo area is great. Bring back two row seating! My parents actually bought this car with the second row in mind for me as a child and it had more leg room than other options at the time. Overall I love it and it has been so good to me!

My sunroof motor has seemed to died out. My driver side window motor doesnt need replaced, it works great in summer but its slow in the cold.My leather steering wheel and seats got tears in them with relatively little wear. 6disc CD player won't read.

Bulletproof!!!
By jonnom130

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased this vehicle with 220k miles and was skeptical because of the mileage. However, this skepticism was short lived. This truck is solid! There are no fluid leaks, seeping gaskets, or strange noises. It doesn’t smoke, knock, or tick. I am amazed at how well it runs with such high mileage. EVERYTHING works as it should. I have had to make a few minor repairs that are common with high mileage vehicles. I recommend this model year vehicle to anyone looking for reliable transportation. My only complaint is the fuel economy. I have to say it gets terrible gas mileage. Expect about 13 city and no more than 20 on the highway.

Last year for 5 speed stick shift 4x4 Pathfinder
By navycorpsman

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased with 165k miles. Added tow hitch. An outstanding truck with 2 minor exceptions; engine check light comes on. and CD broken. The engine light on from non tight fuel cap code Sensor not working properly? The only real issue is, my son had an accident with it (fell asleep @ wheel & hit poll at about 60MPH) head on, dented front frame about 6 inches in. spun around and crashed another poll crushing passenger doors & front passenger fender BUT, airbag didn't go off? However he did not have a scratch, truck continued to run fine only non- body damage was power steering line. Junkyard hood, doors bumper, grill, fender. I say A VERY Safe truck.

smooth shifting 5 speed stick shift tranny and, fantastic performance. Far more comfortable than 2002 Toyota 4runner. No timing belt to replace, the chain is forever.

Remove automatic up passenger side electric window. Use a Japan made CD/radio. Make 8 way power seats available on bdriver and passenger side

• SUV