Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Best SUV on the road
By Courtney Johns

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had 4 nissan pathfinders in my life. (#1 totalled from behind but i was fine. 2 leased. 3 reposessed. #4 after getting my {non-permissible content removed] together is still in my driveway next to my infinity qx4, which is just another nissan pathfinder underneath a fancier shell). I guess that makes 5 techinally. In my opinion they are the most reliable suv's ever built. Either that or ive just been incredibly lucky lol. Ive never had to do anything but regular maintenance. And they just look good. Im particularly fond of, and most familiar with the 1999.5 through 2004 models. I also like the newer body style all the way until about 2012. When they changed the look again they completely lost me. Not a fan of how they look now. All in all though, based on my frame of reference I give the nissan pathfinder 5 out of 5 stars.

Impressive
By Richard

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car as a used one owner always garaged car with 187,000 miles. The condition of the Pathy verifies the care and maintain both this vehicle. Interior including leather like new. Paint perfect with the exception of a minor parking lot ding. V-6 has the power and performance of a V-8, which probably explains gas milage not up to par with others in its class. Beefy and robust suspension and driveline, but rides like a car. No rattles or squeaks, tight as a drum.

BEST FOR TOWING BOAT :)
By Mr. Hoang

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yeah, that's my main goal for buying this car after reading all review from other cars. I need a car that can drive strong, tow a boat, buy stuff from Home Depot, take my son to school and have him drive the car later, safety also my major worry so I got the car for $4,600 from a local dealer with 145,000 miles on it. I was lucky after find out that the first owner already took care of the car in the best shape with everything check. I took it to my local mechanic and after 10 min, he told me just put on gas, change oil from time to time and i'm all set to go for a long time. The car tow my Boston Whaler 2000 lbs like nothing behind, unbelievable. The mileage is about 15 mpg but I don't drive it often so I'm OK. I don't put on a premium high octane so it drive OK but save some $$$. The CD is no longer work but everything work fine, the leather after 14 years are still OK, much better than my 1998 Nissan Maxima. I feel very safe when driving this car. Overall handling is very nice except the gas millage the big draw back, but you pay for the power. I will keep this car for a long time because I don't see the need for another SUV.

great SUV
By dennis

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

bought the SUV brand New. Had the 30,000 checkup done and that's it. now has about 62,000 miles on it 14 years old. changed all oils on a timely basis. towed a 20 ft bayliner boat for 4 years. Never had an issue with the truck except - replaced 1 o2 sensor, replaced heater fan resistor (both done by myself). had the shocks and struts replaced as well as other basics like tires and brakes. No other issues and still drives like a champ. Offroad capabilities and 4 wheel in snand ice are fantastic. made the trip from Oregon to California (900 Miles) about 5 time round trip. love this truck.

mixed feelings
By ondro1977

This Car looks, handles and feels great and in 2001 it was
more powerful than 2001 Toyota 4Runner and more stylish. Engine got boosted to 240HP over very weak 168HP 3.3 liter. With that came a lots of MAF, O2,Crank position sensor failures. Use of premium fuel is more than recommended. Weak transmission and aggressive rust on under-body (save yourself and spray it prematurely if you can). Strut tower failures. Realistic fuel economy is 14city and 20 Hwy.

Powerful engine, good handling, decent interior materials, classic styling,

reliability, excessive underbody rust, transmission, crumped rear seats, fuel economy should be better, faulty clock, engine sensors (MAF, O2, Crank position)