Will I ever buy American again.......??
By DomesticConvert on
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)
First time buying a foreign make. Father GM retiree; GM a major account of mine. You would think I would be compelled to purchase under the GM badge or at least remain loyal to the domestics. Plenty of research, discussions and test drives combined with the bitter taste of recent thousand dollar plus visits to GM service centers 'drove' me to explore options. Trailblazer got high marks - nice going GM. Our Pathfinder has been the reward and compensation we had hoped for. A great all-around vehicle. Like your favorite, cozy chair - always familiar and welcoming. Now in the market for another vehicle... HEY BIG THREE!! What do you got to sway me ??
Favorite Features
The ride & build quality. Bayshore Blue was a good choice. Gotta get the sunroof,roofrack,&tint package. Very tight craftmanship. We feel absolutely safe & in control even in the most inclimate weather in Michigan. Headlights are awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Nissan-Fix these quirks; auto locks in drive;lift-gate should require less effort to shut; CD player refinement; Highly recommend this vehicle if you can stomach the 'nay-saying' family, friends & neighbors. Remind them that it was assembled in a Ford plant to shut them up.