Trouble free at 122k
By tuvie on
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)
It just turned 122,300 with the original clutch, one O2 sensor change, a toasted CD changer (just use my iPod now), and the usual wear and tear repairs. I change oil every 3-4,000 miles and have yet to burn any between changes. With mixed driving I get 16-17 mpg with winter fuel and 18-19 in the summer. Long highway trips typically return 21-22 mpg. As this is my vacation vehicle it sees deep sand every summer and deep snow every winter without any problems incurred. I'm not one to wash and wax too frequently, and the finish has held up really well. There is a 2005 Pathy SE in the family too, and it has run flawlessly thus far.
Favorite Features
Engine runs effortlessly at all speeds, vision is good, the front seats are comfortable, no rust at all even in salt happy SE PA.
Suggested Improvements
None aside from the CD issue - mine quit after six years. I highly recommend the 01 model year to anyone looking for reliable and solid transportation. Aside from scheduled maintenance I doubt I've spent more than $150 a year on repairs for this truck.